Sign in to follow this  
Demetri Sunseri

Demon Carbs

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with Demon carbs? I've seen them in magazine articles and I'm looking at their website right now, but I don't know anyone with first-hand experience. How'd they do in comparison to a similar carb from Edelbrock or Holley? I'm looking mostly at the Road and Speed Demons, and I'd appreciate any insights.

I posted this in the Chevy message forum...no help. Maybe I'll have better luck here.

Demon carbs are made for racing, period. They can be used on the street without much trouble, but first and foremost they are race carbs. designed by Barry Grant.

They suck gas to really make a lot of power.

If you want something more streetable, I would go with either a Holley Street Avenger, or an Edelbrock E.P.S. Both are around 800 CFM flow rates, electric chokes, full polishing etc. But that's WAY TOO MUCH carb - If that is going anywhere near a stock 307ci V8. You'll over-carb. the engine.

Demon carbs are made for big blocks, or small blocks built in extreme race form. You shouldn't need anything more than say, an Edelbrock #1405 which is a 600 CFM 4-barrel.

again, if you plan on putting a Demon carburetor on a mostly stock 307, you'll have way too much carb. Unless you are running heads with mondo sized intake and exhaust valves, lumpy cam, and and intake no smaller than a tunnel ram, you just won't need that much flow.

If I were you, I'd be looking into the Edelbrock power package, with the matching cam, intake, and carb. You could make around 300 to 350 horsepower if you're compression is racey. And it'll cost well under $500.00 - I believe still cheaper than a Demon carb, and you'll be buying all new parts!

No, I didn't plan on putting a Demon on my 307, although Barry Grant does make a 625cfm Street Demon that'd be fine. I agree with both of you, and I'll be going to Edelbrock. I'm not gonna build this 307 into anything even halfway serious. I'll wait until I get a 350 or 400 s/b. Thanks Blig, Pontiac.

Well, even if I got made the most complete fool, I'm glad everyone else had fun. Here's a better one:

'82 Honda Civic, 1.8 liter automatic

single 8" exhuast

no air filter

not just one but THREE nos stickers

6.34 second 1/4 mile

I run a 525cfm Road Demon carb on my 283.

It's .60 over with 305 heads

210/214 cam

I would recommned one. I was running 600cfm holley and i'll be damned if the demon dosen't make more power.