Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Baby Jesus

'93 MR2 Turbo -VS- '93 300ZX Turbo...

13 posts in this topic

I'd go with the 93' Mister Two Turbo cuz of it's mid-engine config, strong *** cast iron engines, looks and everything else that I didn't mention cuz it's too damn late rite now and I'm tired as fuk..... nite....

latez........

I'd take the 93' Mister Two Turbo and kick on a nice genuine TRD widebody kit and have it painted a nicer phat red...... or maybe yellow..... or maybe some kind of a mix like a pearl or something.....

Neways time for bed now, just wanted to say those few last words of thought......

latez..........

I love both cars but i gotta confess I dont know that much about any of them, still, the Z its just a more expensive bigger car ( more power, more weight) but i like that

into what looks concern.......I`ve loved the 300zx since it came out (latest gen) but the mr2 has this mini-ferrari look that i like so much alos

its relly a toss in the air....

Well, its tough to say, the cars are radically different. The Z definately has much more power stock, and from what I ve seen, though I could be wrong, more immediate practical potential. 500 crank-hp Z's are no real thing, hell, intake, exhaust, and a JWT ECU for a total of maybe $1500 spent and you're already pushing 450+hp in the Z. However, as mentioned, the Mr2 is alot smaller and more nimble. Being the owner of a Z32 (Nissans internal code for the last-gen Z car), I can attest that the handling, while having an impressive limit, is not as numble as it was in my Sentra SE-R. Simply put, the Z feels caged and constrained when tooling around town, and the heavy steering begins to get troublesome. However, its right at home on a long fast sweeping highway on ramp at 80+mph.

Ive never had the oportunity to drive an Mr2 Turbo so I can't really comment there, though I have heard from a friend who owns one that snap oversteer is a bit of a concern, much more so than youd have with the Z (and further evidenced by his thankfully not frame damaging encounter with a tree last winter, during a snowstorm that my Z trudged through with marginally fewer hysterics, though obviously its not a 4x4).

Really which would you rather have: a small, short track racer with nimble handling, like the Mr2, or a Grand Tourer like the Z, a car that feels like it was designed to take you down the highway as fast as your balls will allow. Both are great cars, it just depends on your circumstances and preferences as to which is better for you.

And just for posterities sake, the Z also has a bulletproof, cast-iron block engine. It just has 2 more cylenders and a liter more displacement. The alluminum version of the engine (just as reliable by all accounts of owners and professionals) is the VQ30DE found in the current and slightly past Maxima's. I have heard some talk of shops like SGP racing and Stillen expiramenting with VQ blocks in the VG30DETT but haven't seen anything in terms of final product or proof of concept. If it did come about though, Id expect quite a significant weight savings. In addition, if you do decide on the Z, tear out the god awfull 4 wheel steering BS as soon as you can, and save yourself about 80 pounds of weight right over the rear axel in the process. Stillen sells a nice kit for just this purpose.

I like both cars, But I'd take the 300ZX TT over the mr2. I like the body of it, I think it could use alittle work with maybe a bodykit, other than that I love the car.

But trust me, if someone offered me an mr2 then, I would take it w/o hesitation. :rolleyes: