Sign in to follow this  
RacingManiac

Who should get the final Toyota F1 Seat for 2002?

1. 1.

• Alan McNish
    • H. H. Frentzen

10 posts in this topic

Who do you think deserve this final seat more? Alan McNish or H.H. Frentzen? As you know(I hope) Frentzen has been fired by Jordan team. And Toyota was looking to hire Frentzen for their F1 effort. But personally, I think McNish is more qualified for this. He sacrifice his chance to compete in Le Mans with Audi, winning another ALMS title, in order to pursuit his dream at a F1 drive. He has worked so hard, and in testing, consistantly faster than the team No.1 man, Mika Salo. I think Alan earned this. And the likes of Frentzen should not take this away from him.

I agree with you but it's not really a question who deserves it more unfortunately it's who's best for the job. If HHF is consistantly quicker than McNish than he may slide to test driver.

wasn't mcnish already guaranteed a seat with toyota's F1 team? I thought they already had there 2 drivers salo and mcnish. guess i was wrong

That was what I thought too, until Frentzen's unemployment broke out. He was one of the driver who has been linked to Toyota's drive. And since most of the other drivers who also has been linked with that seat were already continued with their existing contract, Frentzen seems to be more of a threat to McNish.

I hope Mcnish gets the seat. Plus, frentzen was fired for his crap *** performance in f1 this year so he shouldn't get the seat. Mcnish seems like a pretty nice guy. during interviews in ALMS he seemed like a great guy. and that accent makes him even better:)

Salo is a guaranteed spot, and so is McNish, supposedly. On Motorsport Mundial on SV, the sporting director of Toyota said McNish will definitely be Salo's teammate.

I think Panoz has the right idea...Ditch Salo to tester...Use McNish and Frentzen.