Sign in to follow this  
LotusGT1-2

Lightweight ‘Club Sport’ M3

9 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

LotusGT1-2    0

Rumours are rife that BMW will be producing a lightweight version of the new M3 later this year. The M division has identified that a total of around 150kg can be shed by removing the bulk of the sound deadening linings and the deletion of some of the luxury items, such as electric windows and the entertainment systems. Air conditioning will still feature to keep the high-speed driver cool, while most of the deleted equipment will still be available on the options list.

The leather upholstered, electrically adjustable seats will be replaced by more enveloping, manually adjustable carbon race items. But the best news of all is that there will be a power-hike, taking the total up to around 350bhp, from the 338bhp the standard car already has. Expect the 0-60mph dash to dip below 5 seconds. Suspension modifications are also likely. The new SMG semi-automatic gearbox (see page 30) will also be included on the options list and a highly specified example is likely to cost close to £50,000

Source: www.evo.co.uk

playboy    0

cool. thanks for the info. A 350BHP M3. I would probably keep some of the options, like leather seats, cause I love leather, that would be phat. Definitely something to consider when going to buy your M3.

Guest persid   
Guest persid

Ugh, why make it more expensive if its got less luxury? Make it an affordable M3 for club racers, not a limited edition model.

Guest Saabman44   
Guest Saabman44
Originally posted by persid

Ugh, why make it more expensive if its got less luxury?  Make it an affordable M3 for club racers, not a limited edition model.

I agree. I am not going to go and buy a M3 for that much, and i know many racers would not either.

M3man    0

since its so expensive (while the normal one is already a rip-off), they should atleast have put the M5 V8 in there....

AndreyS    0

The most dissapointing automobile from BMW yet... It has less amenities, less luxury and a bit more engine power... And they charge you $40K while you're getting less? I'm also willing(but not able) to bet good money that it will get it's *** kicked in the slalom and auto x by the first gen M3.

mecca tt    0

Hah, that is pretty pathetic if you ask me… Well for the price and all. I’m sure it will dip into the High 12s.. and in comparo to the current NSX that will cost basically the same and look the same till 2003. I guess it ain’t half bad. Though you won’t have the luxos..

Persid was most definitely right.

Back to Top ↑