mecca tt

American Engines –Vs- Japanese Engines

103 posts in this topic

actually the integra R will not out run a maxima in a straight line, track would be differnt story though.

I would like to see Honda make big displacement engines. if they can get 120 hp/per liter for the S200, think what they can do with an 8 litre. :)

Japanes engines tend to be smaller but with forced induction, where as USA / Canadian engines tend to be bigger and normally aspirated. Japan tends to be a bit more high tech. I mean do you know of a Japanese manufacturer that still used push rod engines? extensively?

Originally posted by CART

I would like to see Honda make big displacement engines. if they can get 120 hp/per liter for the S200, think what they can do with an 8 litre. :)

Probably only bother to get about 60 hp/l, because anything much more than 500 hp in a stock, production road car is rather silly.

I prefer Japanese engines. I love Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi engines. The RB26DETT and the SR20DET are two of the greatest engines in the world today. The Maxima's engine is also fabulous. Honda's C20, H22 and B18 are great engines. Sure theyre not very torquey but hey. Theres nothing sweeter to me than hearing a high revving four screaming at 8000rpm.

The Lancer's, Impreza's and CL Type-S engines alse deserve honorable mention

Originally posted by CART

Am I the only one who finds this statement showing a lack of knowledge in the automotive field?

Road and track shows a 0-60 time of 7.2 for the intergra.

and for the post above me, ummmm its missing a 0 right? LOL

Originally posted by speedlimit150

Am I the only one who finds this statement showing a lack of knowledge in the automotive field?

please elaborate.

As far as a engine in a daily commuter, Japanese has that little bit of edge over their American counter-parts, because in city's traffic pattern, those engine do turn some good mileage than the bigger American counter-part. But if you really start to climb the performance spectrum, it's pretty even with 2 country's engine holding their own against each other. Japan's Free-revving, smaller displacement against bigger, torquier US model is really not that much to choose between them, it really comes down to the user. And when you get to motorsports level, these thing are about equal if you give the same budget, same set of rules, and same time to develop, the result will be similar.....

I think that American V6's are also inferior to Japanese 6's. The Type-S's have some of the finest V6's in the world as is the IS300's I6. Then you have the great Trubo 6's from the 300, Supra and the 3000. None of today's American 6's can match those cars' engines.