Sign in to follow this  
TurboREX

US Spec WRX vs Integra Type R

1. 1.

• Acura Integra Type R
    • Subaru Impreza WRX US Spec

108 posts in this topic

This is just to see what everyone else thinks about a discussion EMINE M3 and I are having in the Jap section. I want to know which car you guys would pick for your daily car. And remember, we all like to take our dailys to the 'strip, or at least the street drags. So 1/4mi and 0-60 are gonna be factors.

Well, the WRX might be a better daily driver, but the ITR will murder it around a track. It also looks better inside and out, has a cooler feeling to it (R car...a real one :)) and you can get it for a cheaper price.

Type R for me, though it's really really really really close. I really love the WRX, but i've seen and read too much about the Type R to deny it.

ITR... it's the living street incarnation of a racecar. Even if it is slower than the WRX, it's still lighter, and I'm sure it would be that much more responsive and fun-to-drive.

I also like the WRX,same stats,i've seen quite a few comparrisons of these 2 fine cars,but I think the R has 3' shorter stoping distance from 60-0...I think AWD is what I need,and too many people have the R,don't get me wrong,I think the Acura is a sweet ride,but I always loved all of the wheels pulling torque.

The American WRX is rather puny IMO. 225hp? Whats up with that? It should not carry the WRX name IMHO...if it does it should have atleast 275. The ITR is much better that the last one, and the design has made me fallen in love with it. It looks fast, should be very quick, and seems to have that look that the older ITR lacked.

well...

0-60

WRX: C&D said 5.8, but Subie says 6.4. so we'll say 6.1

ITR: 6.2

1/4

WRX: 14.7

ITR: 14.8

Top Speed

WRX: 140 mph

ITR: 143 mph

curb weight

WRX: 3085 lbs

ITR: 2639 lbs

Personally i cannot get over the looks of the WRX, and i'm a big fan of N/A cars. Having driven both cars this week i can say hands down that i'll take the ITR. and Pot Hed i have to disagree because not that many people have them(real ones at least) acura only imports 750 units a year. Good point dylan, i'm sick of manufacturers making their cars tuned down when they bring them to the US. what can't we handle it???

Not sure..It will change when Nissan brings the GTR over, Toyota the next Supra, and Acura the next NSX. All rumoured to get V-8s, over 400hp in each.

The Subie is butt ugly though..looks like a beetle sedan IMO. They definately wanted to make it "cute". Don't get me wrong, I like the WRX, but the US version is pathetic.

I really like the sportiness of the new impreza and it would probably suite me better since I am much more interested in having a car that gives good grip, gives much more control (in terms of safety--the integra is a beast), and HAS A TURBO.

But, I chose the integra...just because its a racecar built for the street.

Good points everyone. Looks play a big part, and the new Impreza needs some help there in alot of people's books, but Dylan, a Beetle sedan? Gimme a break. Have you seen one in person? It looks sportier than everyone is giving it credit for. Anyway, enough about looks. The C&D times are accurate, seeing as how Grassroots Motorsports got 5.7 consistently, and as low as 5.4 with a clutch-killing start. The US version of the WRX is the 2nd most powerful MY02 WRX offered in the world. 227hp compared to 214hp or so in the UK and AUS. The STi WRX is the powerful one, and we're all holding our breath waiting for SOA to say that one is coming here too. We'll see. I would pick the WRX, for one because it has a real engine, instead of a "rev me till I die if you wanna go fast" VTEC Honda unit. Don't get me wrong, VTEC is good and the ITR is awesome, but for a daily driver, at least here in the NW, the WRX is oh so much more realistic. Cold November mornings in a two week rainstorm and the WRX can still be enjoyed. WRX for me, and I can't wait for the Stage III kit from SPO. 340hp, AWD, and room for several ladies...sounds like heaven to me.