Sign in to follow this  
jason_ding

Best and worst car names: Your opinion?

111 posts in this topic

Muscle car names are the best. Charger, Challenger, Road Runner, GT500 "King of the Road", Firebird, etc. Some other good names are Stealth, Avenger, Diablo, Prowler (one of my favorites), Corvette, Viper, etc. I like XJ 220 also because it sounds like a rocket or a type of missile.

Originally posted by Vorden

I dunno if it's mentioned yet, but VW calls its models after diffent winds....

Passat, Golf, Bora

not great names, but an original way.... (better than 320i or IS200.....)

Same way with Scirocco and Corrado.

And Shush, rated pressure will be lower than I'd use (which would be 34-36 psi for those overworked all-seasons...) lol!

Originally posted by greatwhiteshark000

-Since when is a car with like 130bhp or something and like 10,000$$$ a rocket? I just dont think the primary crowd buying Neons are performance oriented enthusiasts. They just evolved out of necessity and budget.

- what does XKR mean and all the Jaguar names XK8? XJR?

The amount of HP doesn't exaclty make the car, or the price iether. Have you ever heard of ACR Neons (American Club Racers). I'm pretty sure those were meant to handle, and they were pretty good track cars. I think the Dodge neon R/T is the best handler in it's group and the most fun to drive. If Nissan Sentra SE's are fun then what do you think the Neon R/T would be like. It's a pretty fast car too.