Sign in to follow this  
jason_ding

Best and worst car names: Your opinion?

111 posts in this topic

Originally posted by kepone

dude, v6  5 speed camry's are awesome cars man..

the name still sucks though.. what the hell is a camry?

hey that's what I own! course it's an 89 with 150,000 miles on it 2.5 l v-6 decent power. beats my friends 93 civic ex coupe. but the suspension ion my car is very soft, i take corners at a 30 degree angle :) clutch is very stiff too, my left lefg is sronger than my right, and I am not kidding about that

I think Neon fit the original image the car wanted to portray as a cute lil' thing to drive around in thats affordable and sweet.

Neon seems to be the name that would do it.

I think Mustang Cobra is a better name than Trans Am. I love the car but trans am sound as scary as Mustang Cobra or Viper, Lamborghini Diablo.

LOL, you could call an SUV the "Hippo" also.

The names that I like are mostly by those great Italians,

Ferrari is best though,

Berlinetta

Spyder- I just love that name.

Barchetta- They are too good to call it a cabrio.

GTO

Others

Diablo

Miura SV- If anybody's seen one of these please tell me that the name "Miura SV" is spelt in Devilish writing with a forked tail at the end.

Cala

CLK 55 AMG

M Coupe

Pantera

The ones I hate:

Echo

Highlander

Breeze

Aztek

Can somebody help me? It's sorta like the Land Rover thing, what's the names of the Aston Martin DB7 series?

It gets me easily confused, DB7 Vantage or Volante, what do they even mean. Cool names though.

Originally posted by greatwhiteshark000

I think Neon fit the original image the car wanted to portray as a cute lil' thing to drive around in thats affordable and sweet.

Neon seems to be the name that would do it.

I think Mustang Cobra is a better name than Trans Am. I love the car but trans am sound as scary as Mustang Cobra or Viper, Lamborghini Diablo.

I don't know NEONS are pretty bad-*** cars for the price. Their pocket rockets like the Sentra SE. For the price the Neon R/T and ACR are very fast. I think the Neon R/T is suppose to be the best handler out of it's competition. I wouldn't exactly call it sweet.

Originally posted by Kurenai

Yes, it's the plymouth clone of the Neon, I believe.

No, that was called the Neon, too. The Breeze was equivalent to the Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Cirrus.

Originally posted by RuchG

No, that was called the Neon, too.  The Breeze was equivalent to the Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Cirrus.

Lol... whatever, I thought that earlier Plymouth Neons were called breezes. I guess I was wrong