Sign in to follow this  
Kurenai

Who wants to join the F-350 crew?

170 posts in this topic

Exactly Mik. Some people don't understand why we drive the cars we do. I've paid for both of my cars, in full, I pay for everything that's done to them. And if the car stalls or something is wrong, I try to fix it myself, or have my dad fix it. Some people don't appreciate money. And it really pisses me off when people who had their parent's pay for their car, bad-mouth my car. I've actually worked at 2 fast food restraunts, and a ski-resort shoveling snow and swinging chairs. I'll take any good deal I see on a car, i'm not waiting around for the new 2002 M3 or whatever.

I've paid for almost every thing I own, I didn't have money to really get my girlfriend anything for Valentines day.....Some people need to understand that sometimes the cheaper car is better, simply because we can't afford the more expensive one.

Originally posted by C-MURDER

Exactly Mik.  Some people don't understand why we drive the cars we do.  I've paid for both of my cars, in full, I pay for everything that's done to them.  And if the car stalls or something is wrong, I try to fix it myself, or have my dad fix it.  Some people don't appreciate money.  And it really pisses me off when people who had their parent's pay for their car, bad-mouth my car.  I've actually worked at 2 fast food restraunts, and a ski-resort shoveling snow and swinging chairs.  I'll take any good deal I see on a car, i'm not waiting around for the new 2002 M3 or whatever.

I've paid for almost every thing I own, I didn't have money to really get my girlfriend anything for Valentines day.....Some people need to understand that sometimes the cheaper car is better, simply because we can't afford the more expensive one.

I know EXACTLY how it is man. I cashed my 1st-year-university bonds that I put away for myself partway through grade 10 to pay for the NX. I did have help... some of it came from my parents, who gave me a bit of money from my great-grandmother's estate, and part of it came from two sets of extremely generous grandparents of whom I'm extremely grateful. Either way, it was a 90% effort on my part, and not only do I have to pay for everything that happens to my car, I also have to have about $2k away for university this fall...

Not that paying for most of my own car and a good deal of my own education necessairly makes me a better person than another, but I feel it is a sad, sad individual who critisizes a self-made person. I've worked for all but three months of my high school time, and I've sacrificed a social life and lots of leisure time in the process. I understand the value of everything I own.

My comment to TS1 wasn't entirely hatred-filled... I think it's very relevant. If you truly did spend your time working and earning things, you wouldn't be spouting this "elitist" shit, and you'd be a better person for it.