Sign in to follow this  
IceMan

Supra twin Turbo vs any other car

254 posts in this topic

No offense to the great Supra, but the wings on those things are ridiculous, and it is a Toyota. So if you want to be the envy of all of the ricers in your neighborhood, go ahead, but I would prefer...

Corvette Targa (equal performance)

Porsche Boxster (sheer style)

Nissan Skyline GT-R (a little budget stretch, but incredible car)

By the way, the Supra isn't made anymore, so isn't this kind of pointless?

Originally posted by mark4273

ohhhhhhh i remember yuo ron.. from that other forum.. ha ha.. you the 944 guy, right on.. i think iceman found what he was lookin for.. live and learn:) but you obviously still tryin to light that match under the water... hmmm.. wish i could help ya, i see it's no use... c-ya all have e good one..

[Edited by mark4273 on 02-13-2001 at 03:47 PM]

HUh? Speak english!

I just simply threw out the 911 into the conversatio when someone said that no V8 could lose to a 6.....

IceMan, you don't know anything. First off, don't come in here trying to compare a fucking SUPRA to ANY OTHER CAR. I NEVER said ANYTHING about comparing it to a McLaren! You little piece of dog shit, take your little gay ricer with it's 150 pound, 4 foot spoiler, and drive it off a god damned cliff! A Boxster, C5 'Vette, Z06, Cobra R, Firehawk, Viper, USED 355 Berlinetta, 996, and MANY other cars are better than a Toyota Supra. And I'm not a fucking computer geek. How the hell do you know my income and what kind of a car I can/will buy?

Originally posted by Robs944S

I just simply threw out the 911 into the conversatio when someone said that no V8 could lose to a 6..... [/b]

M3 vs Mustang would be another good example

I used to go camping when i was younger about 9, ha ha.. we would roast marshmellows over the fire.. but I would always seem to poke the stick in too far and it would catch on fire.. until it was just a tiny piece of carbon.. I was really going for that nice golden brown.. but I would always end up with this piece of carbon this would make me mad!! so I would blame it on people, try to get a new marshmellow from the guy next to me and start another fire by hitting some rocks together.. ha ha.. but I was so dumb! I never even realized this is what I was doing!! Then I would admit it, hoping someone would tell me the story I wrote..

oops! i thought this was the camping stories forum....

"search for where the river ends or where the river starts.."

[Edited by mark4273 on 02-13-2001 at 07:19 PM]

Originally posted by Mr Shush

so is being a crackhead working out for you? :)

holy shit.. thats the funniest thing ive read all day

Originally posted by mark4273

it's all good, noone really cares i don't think ha ha.. but thats cool... aspired cars.. yeah the supra is fast, remeber if you take a stang and put a twin turbo on it it would/could be added up to 1,000 hp street,that would put you to over 1300. that is just the turbo upgrade.. but they don't need it. the supras and 300zx's come aspired as fast/very close to the gt's maybe closer would be the cobras.... and they are both a bad ass car, i think, but the supra's and z's have turbos thats the only re4ason why they are even close... the mustangs have all kinds of options way more abilities than japanese imports, to bad they are on every corner i mean everywhere.. i would'nt want a car i saw everywhere.. and i can't say i like the looks of that lady.. but they are sweet, they don't need the tt the 300zx and supras do..... both being aspired or what ever that word was.. off the lot... but then again they are v8's and even then again. i can't say it realy matters ha ha, if it mattered that much.. cut the shit out of your supra and drop a 5.0 in her, or a viper twin turbo ha ha ha... have a good one..

OK...but i'm sorry...you have to be kiddding me if you think that the Mustang has more mods that a honda civic....

And we all know that a blown 5.0 Mustang could probably drag race a supra and kill it....but it doesn't matter...the 5.0 is ugly as hell (the fucking ugliest mustang ever made) and it's made of cheap materials that can make a man want to puke and wet his pants (ever seen the interior?? That, my friend, is representative of American quality...another reason the Z06 isn't as appealing to a supra to some...but this all adds to the bang for the buck idea), it can't handle for fucking crap (a new mustang can't either) and it is an unaerodynamic oversized blob (new mustang as well)...

The Supra pulls almost 1 god damn G through the turns...the mustang only gets the low .9's or higher .8's...so around the track, the supra will undoubtedly kill it...

Car and driver did a test on the new cobra (this month i think) and stated that although it is a powerful car, it hasn't met its full potential because the car isn't very sleek or aerodynamic...

And about the interior...its just the idea that toyota's interior has been made to suite the driver's needs..the instrumentation is right in front of you, the shifter is right next to you, and you can reach any stereo/A/C controls easily because they are literally pointed toward you...Ford, on the other hand, had to stick their god damn shifter right under the freikin stereo/A/C panels and they hadn't done anything to make the car more of a "driver's car"...its just a normal interior...nothing special....

so please...pull your head out of your ass and don't make any more stupid assumptions...i'm not communicating that the mustang or the Z06 are bad cars (in fact, i love the Z06)...but you have to accept the facts...

Originally posted by turbosupra1

OK...but i'm sorry...you have to be kiddding me if you think that the Mustang has more mods that a honda civic....

And we all know that a blown 5.0 Mustang could probably drag race a supra and kill it....but it doesn't matter...the 5.0 is ugly as hell (the fucking ugliest mustang ever made) and it's made of cheap materials that can make a man want to puke and wet his pants (ever seen the interior?? That, my friend, is representative of American quality...another reason the Z06 isn't as appealing to a supra to some...but this all adds to the bang for the buck idea), it can't handle for fucking crap (a new mustang can't either) and it is an unaerodynamic oversized blob (new mustang as well)...

The Supra pulls almost 1 god damn G through the turns...the mustang only gets the low .9's or higher .8's...so around the track, the supra will undoubtedly kill it...

Car and driver did a test on the new cobra (this month i think) and stated that although it is a powerful car, it hasn't met its full potential because the car isn't very sleek or aerodynamic...

And about the interior...its just the idea that toyota's interior has been made to suite the driver's needs..the instrumentation is right in front of you, the shifter is right next to you, and you can reach any stereo/A/C controls easily because they are literally pointed toward you...Ford, on the other hand, had to stick their god damn  shifter right under the freikin stereo/A/C panels and they hadn't done anything to make the car more of a "driver's car"...its just a normal interior...nothing special....

so please...pull your head out of your ass and don't make any more stupid assumptions...i'm not communicating that the mustang or the Z06 are bad cars (in fact, i love the Z06)...but you have to accept the facts... [/b]

a ford 302 will absolutely destroy anything except maybe the chevy 350 in aftermarket mods. NO engine and i mean NONE WHATSOEVER have more aftermarket support than those engines. they have been around for over thirty years and gathering more support all the time.

and of course the mustang will have a worse interior than a car that costs nearly twice as much as it does. and a 5.0 mustang isnt about the interior its about the engine if you want a nice interior buy a lexus or some other luxury brand.

who put the mustang in this anyway? so far it seems to me its been z06 mostly and the z06 handily wins this comparo.

the supra isnt exactly the most driver friendly car either its driver seat is quite cramped and those features pointed towards you that you like so much are part of the problem. im only 5'9' and i found it to be quite cramped. and the same idea of the interior applies to the handling idea too. if a car costs twice as much i would hope it would outhandle it. as for the z06 theres not really much of a comparo the z06 handily wins in everything. its faster handles better and the interiors are about the same.

HAHAHAHAHA You guys are funny. Im tired of stressing the same points of this little arguement. If you guys are gonna keep going in to this I might as well indulge you. Lets say you have 60k dollars in your pocket and you walk in to a dealership and buy one of the following-

Ford Mustang

Corvette

Supra TT

300ZX TT

RX-7

Honda V-TEC

the list goes on. With whatever money is left over you put into aftermarket mods to the engine, drive train, body, whatever. Which car do you think will do the best? I know youre gonna say the 302 is the best because aftermarket supplies but just cause its been around longer does mean that its more "modable". Honda has a huge aftermarket following as does Toyota, Chevy, Mazda, and Nissan. You cant truthfully say that any specific engine or company has more aftermarket parts than any other. If you think so, post a list of every aftermarket part for each engine for every model car to prove me wrong. Go ahead i dare ya. You wont be able to do. Please dont try to say something without being able to back it up. By the way JT(moron) there is no way you can afford a Mclaren F1 so just please drop it.

Well, I like the Supra, don't get me wrong. But top fuel dragsters and funny cars (the fastest internal combustion vehicles on the planet short of land speed record cars) use bored out and stroked American big-block V8s for reason, the potential is incredibly high, much more so than any 6 cylinder engine, turbo'd or not. And since you can get the same basic block (albeit unmodified) in an American street car then wouldn't that give it much higher potential than the Supra? Don't get me wrong, I like the Supra a lot, and I'm not some huge V8 fan (I drive a Honda), but you have to be fucking reasonable about this.

Iceman and TurboSupra1, you guys are in WAY over your head. If I were you I would not even post anything else in this thread, in fear I may dig myself into a deeper hole. But I know you two, and you'll have something moronic and ignorant to say.

If you think there is a car that has more aftermarket than the Ford 302, then you've got another thing coming. Maybe if you've been reading Sport Compact Car or something, you may think a Civic has more. But jump on the reality train here, the 5.0 has been around for what...30 years+? The Civic's 1.5/1.6 has been around for like 12.

I'm not gonna argue this with you, but all I have to say is stop basing everything off of magazine's and such. In reality a good driver in a 5.0 GT could beat a SupraTT on the street, i've seen BIG upset's like that. Like i've been in a CRX when we've took numerous cars to school, 5.0 Mustang, Integra's, 5.0 Thunderbird, 3.8 Camaro, late 80's Z28(probably 305), and other's. I was also with my friend when he took his dad's '93 325 out for a spin, and we got all 4 doors blown off by a Mercury Capri 5.0.

My point is, number's aren't everything.

And Gimpy I didn't see your post, but GOOD point. And that means ALOT coming from a Honda driver.