Sign in to follow this  
greatwhiteshark000

911 Turbo Best Production Supercar

305 posts in this topic

The Ferrari 456 GT is up there too, But yeah you can't really argue that the 911 Turbo is probably the best All around Super Car.

Originally posted by EuroSpec GTi 16v

The 911 Turbo is awd but its more of a 5/95 split 95% power going to the rear wheels with 5% going to the front though this will change through the computer system of the car when slipage occurs. I have to say though I love the 911 turbo, has anyone seen the video with Tiff Needles! Its amazing how he drives the car! :D

Haha! Man that Quote you have at the bottom OWNS! BLING, BLING<.>

Originally posted by dr. Windstondung Fetus tt

You see the one where he drives the McLaren?  He hits the gas, his head gets pushed against the seat, and the view outside the car turns into a blur.

But when you take all factors The 911 has probably the Best set up: 4 seats, 4WD, Nice engine, great handleing top speed and acceloration, comfortable and much much more.

Two reasons why the Z06 isn't the greatest, no AWD, and no back seat. The Vette is a great car for the money but the all wheel drive can really get the power down in inclement weather. And the backseat, though cramped, is useable in the Turbo.

Originally posted by greatwhiteshark000

did I mention the 50/50 weight distribution of the Turbo.  

I doubt that thing has perfect 50/50 wieght distribution. It's a rear engined car, and I think the engine is behind the rear axle. The distribution is somewhere around 30/70 or 35/65 I think.

I think the 996TT can be called ONE of the best sports cars not the best. The Z06 has to be right up there (and not cause I'm crazy on Corvettes), it deserves to be up there. I also think the BMW M3 also desergves that title.

YEP...911 Turbo is the best...and the Z06....but if given a choice, I would definitely take the 911 Turbo!! Its faster and looks a whole LOT better...although i think that damn vette can take 1.00 G on the pad...while the 911TT is at .98 or .99 (NO BIG DIFFERENCE THOUGH)...but that's it...

sO i think the 911 TT wins out here.

Lets clear something up here, shall we? The "backseat" in the 911 Turbo is nothing but a fancy shelf, honest. Look at it. I'll give 20$ to the first 6'3" 2xxlbs. male that can fit back there. Its not a seat, its used for briefcases or small luggage. And it cannot be the best because there will be better, like the Bentley:) (I hope), a newer version of the Porsche, the upcoming SLR, etc. I presonally don't take much of a liking to Porsche or Ferrari, but in my autmotive knowledgeable opinion, the Porsche is far from the best. So far that is...