Sign in to follow this  
greatwhiteshark000

911 Turbo Best Production Supercar

305 posts in this topic

overall I would have to say the 911 is the best production supercar at the present in terms of everything.

Positive

AWD

4 Seats

420bhp

High Technology

Acceleration

Lateral G:

0-60: Under 4 Seconds

1/4 Mile: 11's

Porsche Reliability

Tiptronic

Which production sports car can beat the overall ability of the 911 Turbo. Maybe one aspect but the big picture.

Originally posted by Mr Shush

Ruch GTR

How did news of my upcoming world beater supercar get out?! Damn, I'm gonna those PR men for this.

mclaren? only three seats but the loss of a seat is made up in the way better performance. f50 too and the 911 shouldnt be called a 4 seater maybe a 2 and three quarters. the back seat is like a shelf.

Yeah the backseat is wicked tiny. What about the Callaway C12, Mclaren F1, Ferrari F50, Diablo VT or the Ultima GTR. Thos are all great production supercars.

The 911 Turbo is awd but its more of a 5/95 split 95% power going to the rear wheels with 5% going to the front though this will change through the computer system of the car when slipage occurs. I have to say though I love the 911 turbo, has anyone seen the video with Tiff Needles! Its amazing how he drives the car! :D

I would have to agree, the Porsche Turbo is the greatest overall production supercar ever. AWD, the ability to put people in the backseat, bump compliance, PCCB, PSM, not to mention the cars handling prowess, and track capabilities. Mclarens and F50s don't exactly produce the bump compliance that most people look for on the potholed, rutted, dug up roads of the world, and while they are great cars they aren't the greatest overall. The only other car I would consider is the BMW M5, it adds more passengers, but loses some power and torque, and gains about 1000lbs. The M5 might not rip up the tarmac quite like the Porsche Turbo but it does hold 5 people.

Porsche there is no substitute.