Sign in to follow this  
J.T. Marlin

Ferrari 360 Modena vs. Corvette Z06

120 posts in this topic

Just in reply to how someone said GM never made anything that came close to performing like any ferrari or something like that. Compare the Z06 with the 550 and then you'll see how the Z06 is a better performer in almost all performance categories except top speed. yeah i know, they're not in the same class, but just to show you the corvette is faster.

Originally posted by Viperleb

yeah i know, they're not in the same class, but just to show you the corvette is faster.

:) Are you kidding? "Between the Mac F1 and the Cl Type S, the Mac F1 is faster. Not in the same class, I know, but you get my point." My God, have you all gone insane?! The day you compare a GM product to a Ferrari, regardless of numbers and price, is the day my genitals grow back after Tina Yothers sprinkles Chia Pet on my crotch. Sure, the Z06 is faster, but seriously, c'mon. Ferrari vs. GM. This has gone too far. This whole topic is ludicrous. Both superb cars, I'd take either in a flash, so I'm not biased on this one. Porsche is not involved :D So, as a lover of both these cars, I must say, you guys are being ridiculous. Do you think either company built their cars with the other in mind? Answer that yourself quietly as I run around my front lawn naked reciting Abba's top hits...

The reliability thing was a joke, I guess only a few got. Personally I think the whole thing boils down to the chassis, the cars weigh about the same, the horsepower is near equal, and while the Ferrari does have more features on the inside they don't translate into squat on the track unless you want to be comfortable. The Z06 is a beefed up 5.7 liter C5 motor, with better exhaust, stiffer suspension, but the stock C5 chassis. Parts put together so GM could save a little dough. The Ferrari's parts all complement eachother, they were all intended to be put together, to work as one cohesive unit. This is where the Ferrari wins at the track, maybe off the line the 360 edges the Vette out, maybe in the braking zone it stops a bit shorter, but because all of the parts are working together in unison, with the venturi tunnels and chassis rigidity of a pure race car, is why the Ferrari would win.

Originally posted by gimpyben

Reciting Abba in English?  Cause Swedish would be more impressive IMO.

I never said English, my dear fellow. I was htinking more...Cantonese. And so what if GM can make a Ferrari beater? Hyundai could. It'd still be a Hyundai though, the same as a GM is still a GM. You pay more for a reason, in the case of Modena vs. Z06.

Porschefile1, how does the Ferrari have more features inside? All it has is a CD player and power windows. The ette has an 8 speaker Bose stereo, HUD, memory seats/windows, twilight sentinel, onstar, and cupholders. Ferris are pretty barebones inside compared to Corvettes and especially Porsches.

Yup. The 360 Modena is made for a sports car enthusiast who drives the car for it's performance, the 550 seems more for business men who want a sports car that has luxury and the classic V12, and the 456GT/A is like the old fart's car of the three.

This is what I don't understand. You have made your point about Hyaundai (damn spelling!) but I still don't understand your point about hte Corvette. You can compare any two companies. I agree comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari wouldn't be good but I don't understand why you can't compare a Corvette to a Ferrari. GM has been building cars for over 100 years, that's twice as long as Ferrari. They came out with one of the first cars ever. GM has also contributed a lot, arguably more than Ferrari. The Corvette came out just about the same time Ferrari appeared. It has exotic styling, blistering speed, and great tradition. Just like the Ferrari. On the technical side, it's a RWD coupe pretty much developed on the track. Oh and they were meant to be red like the Ferraris. The fact that the Ferrari has a shit load of technology put into it and the Vette has the traditional American V8 with a mediocre amount of technology only makes things more interesting. It's the classic battle of American cubic inches vs. European pricey technology. Oh, did I mention these cars are really close in performance.