Sign in to follow this  
KennyH

Lotus Esprit vs. Dodge Viper

32 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

KennyH    0

i was wondering which car would be the better value- i know you can get a 1993 lotus for about 20 or so and a 1995 for about 35. whats the performance on the lotus/

97 esprit 0-60 in 4.4, 1/4 in 13.0 (im pretty sure its faster than that though) *times according to road and track.

i dont know what the 93 is.

are you talking about a 95 viper or esprit? does the 95 viper have 450hp or still 415? if its 450, get the viper man. 415, up to preference i guess.

Dontmatr    0

The 92-95 Vipers all had 400hp and 450lb/ft of torque, stock. In '96, The RT/10 had a rear-exiting exhaust instead of side pipes, and made 415hp and 488/lb/ft. Of course, the GTS debuted that year as well, and made 450hp and 490lb/ft. The '98 RT/10 recieved the 450hp version of the V-10.

COUNTACH    0

Hmmm thats an interesting challenge. Assuming I had no car & had to choose between a nice mid engine sports car or a big hp US brute sports car. This 1 would require some thought. I would go for the GTS Viper in a heartbeat but maybe I'd take the Lotus over an RT/10 as I'm not that wild about the lines of the RT. Lotus has a reputation of building fragile cars although I hope the 90s cars are a lot better than Lotus of yesterday.

Maybe a Golden Lotus cus Buddha sits atop a golden Lotus flower & a liscence plate that says Pamda , Lotus in Tibetan :D

LotusV8    0
Originally posted by KennyH

Lotus for me- i dont' know why, but i see it as a more practical car- can anyone back my reason (i can't)

Its not trust me.

Lotus for me, just because.

Back to Top ↑