Sign in to follow this  
Twin Turbo

American cars suck

206 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Recommended Posts

Twin Turbo    0

Some american models are quite good designed, BUT they suck.

The engines are underpowered. For example why are they putting a 8 litre V10 engine to the Viper that creates only 450 hp. An V10 8 liter with only 450 hp is shit. For example the McLaren F-1 has a 6,1 liter engine and it has 680 hp!! What's wrong with the Americans, they can't make good sport cars at all, and especially their engines are crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShamanWS6    0

Say it with me:

 

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

 

and

 

"Horsepower per litre is the excuse of those that lose the race."

 

Only the turbo cars from Japan stand a chance against any of the North American cars (GTP, Bonneville, STS, F-body, Viper, 'Vette) with a little power. And where are all of them now?

 

P.S. the reason why most people don't tune their North American cars to the hilt is that the motors in use make it damn near impossible to do that without making something too insane for the street! It's true - a base Camaro has almost 330 horsepower at the wheels now (still rated at 305 crank, LOL) and more torque. Most of the people on this board don't have a clue what 330rwhp and instant, big torque really mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dude your a frickin moron. winstons gonna kill you. look kid the americans dont make their engines for hp/liter. thats why they have this thing called "big displacement" 450 hp is a beast i dont care if it is from an 8 liter. and hennessey and TNT have proven that it is a good engine and that it can be tuned. TNT 777hp N/A hmm ok thats 90-100 hp/liter. (i think that engine is like an 8.4/5 liter) americans dont care about japanese cars with 100hp/liter. you think they cared about the integra type r when they designed the camaro? hell no. how many foreign top fuel dragsters are there? they pack a good 7000hp. ever heard of MUSCLE CARS? jeeze son americans make enough power who cares about the engine size. they build strong big engines, not pocket size sub 3 liter no torque 4 bangers.

 

ah yes and on the mclaren:

 

the mclaren F1 had 627 hp out of 6064cc's. the mclaren f1 LM has 680 hp dont talk trash unless you knwo what youre saying. also why do you carewith a badge of "twin turbo" you shouldnt care about N/A hp/liter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you shaman ya beat me by a minute. exactly, hp/liter is the excuse of those who lose you wanna bitch about that then dont run against the big engine boys. i have a bunch of japanese car lover friends and they have only 2 excuses. 1."its sad that a 4 cylinder can keep up with a big v8" who the hell cares they dont make the V8 to compete with it, also it doesnt keep up. the american muscle cars dont waste their time thinkin of the four bangers just shut the hell up until you can beat us with NA i4's. 2."wait till i have turbo" SHUT UP no one cares about turbo. ill go get turbo then youre done yet again. lets go NA vs NA sound good? ok then. japanese choose to use little engines. americans choose to use big engines. the japanese complain that its sad the americans have low hp/liter. too frickin bad we still smoke you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin Turbo    0
Originally posted by Lord Cool Guy

dude your a frickin moron.  winstons gonna kill you. look kid the americans dont make their engines for hp/liter.  thats why they have this thing called "big displacement" 450 hp is a beast i dont care if it is from an 8 liter.  and hennessey and TNT have proven that it is a good engine and that it can be tuned. TNT 777hp N/A hmm ok thats 90-100 hp/liter.  (i think that engine is like an 8.4/5 liter)  americans dont care about japanese cars with 100hp/liter.  you think they cared about the integra type r when they designed the camaro? hell no. how many foreign top fuel dragsters are there? they pack a good 7000hp. ever heard of MUSCLE CARS? jeeze son americans make enough power who cares about the engine size. they build strong big engines, not pocket size sub 3 liter no torque 4 bangers.

 

ah yes and on the mclaren:

 

the mclaren F1 had 627 hp out of 6064cc's.  the mclaren f1 LM has 680 hp dont talk trash unless you knwo what youre saying.  also why do you carewith a badge of "twin turbo" you shouldnt care about N/A hp/liter.

 

Yes about the McLaren, it has still 627 hp, you know, I think that's more than 450 hp, or isn't it? And my name has nothing to do with what I write about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurenai    0

Great. Another brainless moron. Yes, the McLaren has more horsepower than the Viper. Yeay. It also costs over over 14 times as much. At that price, it had sure as hell better beat out the Viper.

 

I don't know how many times I, Chris, Mecca, Winston, and others have said this, and I know we'll have to repeat it millions of times more, but I'll repeat it for your small-minded benefit. Americans cars don't suck because they use large engines, its simply a different way of getting power. In the case of American cars, they generally use a simpler pushrod design that are powerful and very durable... you can't say their engines are crap, because they simply AREN'T. And I notice that you have no facts backing up your statement as well.

 

We can't make sports cars? How stupid are you? Viper, Vette, Saleen S7, Mosler MT900, do I need to go on? The Viper pretty much rules most of the races its been in, and the MT900 handily beat many more expensive European cars. That statement, along with the rest of your argument, is pure, 100%, FDA-approved bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin Turbo    0

And one thing, I'm not into Japanese cars. I like European. And about the torque. The difference between the McLaren and the Viper GTS is minimal in this section. The Viper has 664.4 nm torque and the McLaren F-1 has 649 nm torque.

 

And one good example of European motor engineering is the Dahlbäck VW Golf IV RSi. It has 2.1 liter 5 cylinder engine with 900 hp!!!!!!!! AND the TORQUE of this car is 850 NM!!!!

With no turbos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin Turbo    0
Originally posted by Kurenai

Great. Another brainless moron. Yes, the McLaren has more horsepower than the Viper. Yeay. It also costs over over 14 times as much. At that price, it had sure as hell better beat out the Viper.

 

I don't know how many times I, Chris, Mecca, Winston, and others have said this, and I know we'll have to repeat it millions of times more, but I'll repeat it for your small-minded benefit. Americans cars don't suck because they use large engines, its simply a different way of getting power. In the case of American cars, they generally use a simpler pushrod design that are powerful and very durable... you can't say their engines are crap, because they simply AREN'T. And I notice that you have no facts backing up your statement as well.

 

We can't make sports cars? How stupid are you? Viper, Vette, Saleen S7, Mosler MT900, do I need to go on? The Viper pretty much rules most of the races its been in, and the MT900 handily beat many more expensive European cars. That statement, along with the rest of your argument, is pure, 100%, FDA-approved bullshit.

 

All those "sport cars" you mentioned are underpowered crap!

Vette 5.7 liter engine with 344 hp, ou, I'm really scared! And I don't give a s*** about the Viper winning some races. I want that Viper go against a McLaren F1 on the N-ring and we will see which one wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JWKC    0

How much do you think it will cost you for Those VW 2.1 liter 5 CYL engine.???

How much It will cost you for a McLaren F1 engine???

You a Trying to compare a stock Mass productions Car'Engine to a Million dollars Car's Engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin Turbo    0
Originally posted by JWKC

How much do you think it will cost you for Those VW 2.1  liter 5 CYL engine.???

How much It will cost you for a McLaren F1 engine???

You a Trying to compare a stock Mass productions Car'Engine to a Million dollars Car's Engine.

 

 

 

So what!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twin Turbo    0
Originally posted by DaFoo69

Hey Twin, what about the Stryker? Right this minute it is running just over 1300hp of a little over 8.3 Liters.

 

Do you mean the Supervipersystem Viper Stryker?? If so you are wrong, it has 8 liter engine with 993 hp and a TWIN TURBO! Dahlbäck hasn't got a turbo, it has a 2.1 liter 5 cylinder engine with 900 hp. So it's much better. It goes to 200 km/h in 7.5 seconds from the standing!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to Top ↑

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this