Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McLaren_Fan

99 Grand AM GT vs. 99 Grand Prix GT

11 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

me and a friend are having a arguement over which is better. What would u prefer, the Grand Am GT or the Grand Prix GT which has a faster 0-60 by .1sec but i would still rather prefer the Grand Am GT because i think it looks better

The Grand Am is lighter and smaller, but the Grand Prix has more engine to it.

There's a lot more mod potential in the Grand Prix too.

Iunno...i'm happy with my Grand Am. Either would have made me happy though.

Originally posted by JohnnoC

The Grand Am is lighter and smaller, but the Grand Prix has more engine to it.

There's a lot more mod potential in the Grand Prix too.

Iunno...i'm happy with my Grand Am.  Either would have made me happy though.

Same here. It depends on how big of a car you want to drive. Hey guys, I have heard that the 00 Grand Am GT coupe does 0-60 in 7.3 sec and the 1/4 in 15.1. Can anyone verify this.

It might have more power but according to the times I have seen on the grand am gt coupe, the grand am is faster. not to mention it handles better. i just wish i could remember where i saw that 0-60 time of 7.3 and the 1/4 in 15.1.

where did you get form that the grand am is a better handler?

dunno, but from what i`ve heard, the grand prix, its much a better handler

i`d take the prix

It is all in the numbers. I don't have em on me at the moment but I think the Grand Am GT pulls a .84g while the Grand Prix is somewhere near .79.

The Grand Am GT can't do the 1/4 mile in 15.1 cause its 0-60 was 7.7 secs last time I checked and even if it could do 7.3 sec 0-60 it won't be able to do that 1/4 mile. To get a quarter mile that fast you'll have to be doing 0-60mph in about 6.6 to 6.8 secs.

The Grand Am is a better handler, its a very good handler actually. I mean, its pretty close to the F-bodies handling last time I checked on it. Its a very nice car. But I'd prefer that Grand Prix GT. The grand prix is faster, more roomy, more comfortable, has a more powerful engine and looks pretty good, but looks wise I give them both tie, they're both very nice cars.

See this is what really kills me. I can't find where I saw those times posted at. The time of 0-60 in 7.7 and the 1/4 came from motor trend and it was a sedan 99 version. Would a 00 coupe version be that much faster? I wish someone would do a new testing of the car.

Back to Top ↑