vehicles234

Which cars are better diesel or petrol?

4 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Are Diesel engines more powerful than petrol engines? I wanted to know which is better a diesel car or a petrol car. Which one will be more fuel efficient, best mileage giving and economical as well. Also, what is the difference between the two?

Please let me know your views on the same.

17 hours ago, vehicles234 said:

Are Diesel engines more powerful than petrol engines?

Due to the fact that petrol engines have light parts and can be operated at high revs, they are more performance-efficient than their diesel counterparts. These engines use spark ignition rather than the compression ignition and have smaller compression ratios than diesel engines.

17 hours ago, vehicles234 said:

I wanted to know which is better a diesel car or a petrol car.

Diesel engines are more powerful than petrol engines. They also have a higher torque and hence they give a smoother drive. On the other hand, the harshness, noise, and vibrations in diesel driven cars are way higher than that of a petrol-driven car. The maintenance cost of diesel cars is higher than petrol cars.

I prefer petrol Car.

Car Cover is online store where you can get  All Weather Outdoor and Indoor Waterproof Car Covers with Free Shipping and Lifetime Warranty. Call Us Today at 1-800-916-6041.

Thank you @alliecandy for the information. I had two minds but i went with the diesel cars finally. Recently I bought a Tata Vista Diesel Car which was available at a great deal. The Car is really good. It gives a good average in the city run and also the looks are awesome.

Petrol or Diesel??  It is a never ending debate.

The choice depends on what do you want/need. Both have their pros and cons.

Choose a petrol-heart when you need ,

• Super Silent cabin
  • Better Power in higher rpm (turbocharged models )
  • less maintenance
  • linear power delivery
  • less efficient

Choose a diesel-heart  when you need,

• Not the most silent cabin . Diesel uses high pressure  fuel injectors and there will be a definite clattering sound.
  • Loads of torque in lower rpms(Almost double of a petrol heart)
  • Limited Rev range.
  • Better fuel efficiency
  • high maintenance

Choose the one which suit your needs and fulfill your requirements.

Back to Top ↑