Sign in to follow this  
Codeguru

I'm looking for a sporty car that really attracts attention.

10 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Codeguru    0

Hi, I am by no means a car guy, but I can read the writing on the wall. You're judged by your outward appearance and every other way you express yourself. I currently have a boring white 2007 ford fusion. It runs well, that's all I can say. I'm looking into getting a red sports car, but I am almost starting at the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as knowledge of cars. I'm trying to do research, but I just don't know how to start other than google searches. Car dealers lie through their teeth, I can't trust them. I don't really have any friends or family who know about cars. And quite frankly, I don't want to rely on a bias that will just get me a car that someone else wants. I specifically want it to look great, keep it well maintained, and attract the most attention it possibly can in a positive way. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jack

bobrob737    0

It really depends on what you want to spend.

10k - You can get a 2009 Challenger/Mustang bottom of the line for less than 10k, although they don't do very much in terms of performance. You can also get a 2000 or so Corvette around the same price, and it is faster, but looks less new and fancy. You could get an '03 or so BMW M3, although they're very expensive to maintain, but they look the part and anyone that knows anything about cars will know you're in quite the speed demon. An '04 BMW 6 series goes for a similar price and looks the part, but isn't the fastest and is also expensive to maintain

25k - A newer 3.8 Hyundai Genesis coupe looks the part, drives the part, but it is a Hyundai. A newer Mustang GT, Challenger SRT8, or Camaro SS also look the part, and certainly move! A newer M3 or M6 also do the trick at this price, or an older SL or a C class coupe AMG, or an older Cayman, but all of these will break down quickly.

50k - This is where stuff gets exciting. You could certainly get a used Mustang Boss 302 or GT500/350, Camaro Z/28, or a Challenger Hellcat (707 hp!), which all look the part and are wicked fast. But you could also get a newer 911, a Viper, or a used F-Type. Bear in mind, those are NOT reliable. A newer BMW/MB model above is also a great choice if you aren't worried about reliability.

100k - Nissan GTR. Jaguar F-Type. Lotus Evora 400. Tesla Roadster. Cadillac CTS-V. Audi RS 5. Alfa Romeo 4C.

More - Ask someone more qualified, like someone who owns the exact car. Although, the Lamborghini Veneno is freakin awesome (please think of your old pal if you have the resources for this)!

vehicles234    0

Hi,

It depends on how you define a sporty car. For me sporty car should be comfortable, easy on maintenance, of-course stylish looking, the best mileage and smooth on tough roads. Also, it should be user friendly & affordable car.

Edited by vehicles234

canhket    0
Picture in your mind a sport sedan. One with all-wheel drive, an active damper system, and responsive steering and brakes. Give it a powerful V6 engine and a quick-shifting automatic transmission with a seamless shift-for-yourself mode. Imagine its sharp chassis reflexes were tuned on Germany’s famous Nürburgring race track, alongside BMWs, Mercedes-Benzes, Porsches and all manner of performance cars. Now give it seven-passenger seating and a big, hulking crossover SUV body. Fantasy, you say? No, it’s the 2007 Acura MDX. Acura claimed that its MDX would be a sport sedan in SUV clothing, and it wasn’t kidding. For people who like to drive, it’s definitely on the short list.

EcoRider    0

I personally like the Toyota 86, or Subaru BRZ.
I also like the Chevrolet Camaro or Ford Mustang very much!
It's a small step up from the Fusion (with 1.6-1.8l turbo engine).

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of money, or performance...

Back to Top ↑