Chris V.

Latest toy, '01 BMW 740i Sport

16 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Chris V.    0

Picked this up this past weekend for $7500. Had nearly that much put into it in new parts and service in the last 3000 miles. Absolutely like new condition in and out.

3388251c.jpg

3388251b.jpg

3388252a.jpg

The M Sport version added sport suspension with lowering springs and larger swaybars, 18" M Parallel wheels, a shorter (3.15:1) final drive ratio, steptronic transmission, fat 3 spoke M steering wheel, shadowline blaked out trim, and vavona wood interior accents. This one has been upgraded with a newer M sport steering wheel that is even fatter and has teh M stitching, and the small rear spoiler. I'm adding an axleback exhaust system with dual polished stainless tips, the upgraded factory nav, and bluetooth for hands free phone and streaming music. Love driving it! Fast fun, agile, and comfortable.

Chris V.    0

Got the axleback exhaust done and it sounds mean...

3388315b.jpg

3388315c.jpg

Did a little carbon fiber effect vinyl on it, too:

3388300b.jpg

3388300c.jpg

And yesterday I installed angel eyes as DRLs on it. Will get pics later.

Chris V.    0

Got the MK IV nav in, and the Grom Aux/USB/Bluetooth adapter in, so now I can stream music from my phone and control it from the steering wheel buttons.

Also got the angel eyes in, LEDs mounted behind the lenses:

3388382d.jpg

3388382c.jpg

Chris V.    0

Thanks, Cliffy! THis is one of those cars that I feel went straight to being a classic, and prices are reflecting that.

More pics:

3388459b.jpg

3388459c.jpg

3388459d.jpg

Chris V.    0

No V12s, but I'd love to add one to the collection. Almost got an '01 V12 Sport model, but the guy wouldn't come down on the price enough for me to get it.

Chris V.    0

My car is in there somewhere... Fun times this past weekend with twelve 7 series in a group touring to dinner.

post-2228-0-22669800-1441050180_thumb.jpg

post-2228-0-88370900-1441050202_thumb.jpg

Cliffy    0

No V12s, but I'd love to add one to the collection. Almost got an '01 V12 Sport model, but the guy wouldn't come down on the price enough for me to get it.

I'd imagine they're a bit thirsty on fuel too....Certainly a UK car would cost a fortune to run!

anandsull    0

awesome car! you said it was your toy and I was wondering why you went for something quite long and big like this? what about something like a z3 or an e46 m3?

Chris V.    0

awesome car! you said it was your toy and I was wondering why you went for something quite long and big like this? what about something like a z3 or an e46 m3?

Later I'm going to get a convertible, but for now, what I wanted (and actually have wanted for many years) was a sporty executive sedan that could be used for daily driving, carrying passengers, and still getting out and having fun with on twisty backroads when I wanted to. I used to have a 740iL, the long wheelbase version, and it was so competent and agile that I had to get the Sport version with the short wheelbase to up that fun factor, while still being comfortable and daily useable.

I've had a lot of small sports cars and sporty cars, and the M3 was on the short list, but the fact is, this car was a quyarter the cost of a good M3 and delivers almost all teh fun and agility, while still being a comfy long distance cruiser. A couple days ago, we took it on a 200 mile trip across north central Maryland through twisty mountain roads and rolling farmlands and it was rock solid and fun to drive, while still being a fantastic comfy car:

3388743d.jpg

Chris V.    0
Back to Top ↑