Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Site Update: Pardon the mess as we update the site this week

20 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Steve    0

We will be updating the site this week so please pardon any mess: colors, missing areas (gallery, etc)... we will be back up with a clean look asap!

Jammo    0

Im loving the fresh look! :)

Chris V.    0

Not exactly sure if the site's new look is going to be all that great. Is it done like this? There needs to be the option of reporting posts, for spam, or to have posts moved to the correct forums. For example, the thread in American cars, titled "Mercedes wheels" is a spam thread, and should be removed (has nothing to do with cars, in fact). There are also people that look like normal posters, but usually in their posts are buried links to car dealers, which are technically spam, even if it looks like the post is a real response. These were like this before the forum change and are still like this. Joe Sharp is a good example of this in the Ranger vs S10 vs Dakota thread in American Cars. He always finds a way to put in a link to Hudson Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in his posts.

Do you need more moderators to keep up with this stuff? If so, I'm willing to help out, as I've been here since '99.

Not exactly sure if the site's new look is going to be all that great. Is it done like this? There needs to be the option of reporting posts, for spam, or to have posts moved to the correct forums. For example, the thread in American cars, titled "Mercedes wheels" is a spam thread, and should be removed (has nothing to do with cars, in fact). There are also people that look like normal posters, but usually in their posts are buried links to car dealers, which are technically spam, even if it looks like the post is a real response. These were like this before the forum change and are still like this. Joe Sharp is a good example of this in the Ranger vs S10 vs Dakota thread in American Cars. He always finds a way to put in a link to Hudson Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in his posts.

Do you need more moderators to keep up with this stuff? If so, I'm willing to help out, as I've been here since '99.

Chris,

I have been deleting and moving and parsing what I can, but otherwise if stuff is buried deep in the forum I'm not going to go waste my time finding it. I agree with the report feature, but TBH I see and take care of all the stuff that gets reported anyway so it doesn't work for me.

I will PM the admins requesting you get mod status, I don't see the issue with that!

Chris V.    0

cool! Hopefully I can help out quite a bit.

Now we need to get more regulars back.

Chris V.    0

Thanks, Cliffy, though I'm not actually on the team yet! But I look forward to helping with the site.

Cliffy    0

Thanks, Cliffy, though I'm not actually on the team yet! But I look forward to helping with the site.

Oh yeah, I noticed that, but still, you're as good as on the team already!

Chris V.    0

Next we need to figure out how to get more traffic in here with regular members, rather than a million one-post wonders and spammers.

Next we need to figure out how to get more traffic in here with regular members, rather than a million one-post wonders and spammers.

Amen to that. I mention the forum where I can, but doesn't seem to interest Mustang owners. :lol:

Waiting on one of the admins to bump you up... sorry about that. You are as good as on the team though!

Chris V.    0

still waiting. I want to help out to clear out the spammers!

2007DBR9    0

Site looks much better now, when did all this happen?

I will be visiting here much more often now - let me know if there is anything that I can do to get this place back to how it used to be :)

Back to Top ↑