ashley romas

who do you think is better ? japanese v american

73 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

veganblue    0

As far as reliability, it depends on the context. Asian cars are to Mac while American cars are to Windows.

If you're tech savvy and into computers, and you want to customize your computer with upgraded hard drives, etc., and know how to free disk space yourself to make your computer run faster, you'd get Windows, as it allows you more freedom to do that.

If you're not tech savvy, and want something that you plan on keeping at factory settings, just to have something long-lasting and durable to do your work on, you'd get a Mac.

Asian cars, particularly Japanese, are more reliable in the sense that they last longer for people who never open the hood.

But American cars can last just as long, if not longer, for people who know about cars. The engines are more simplistic and they're easier to fix and get parts for. I had a Cavalier and the lower intake valve was busted at 170K - it'd leak oil and anti-freeze. It'd also overheat during traffic. But I'd check the fluids and refill the coolant and oil as needed, and knew to turn my heat on during traffic to keep the thermostat level. Most other people, the car would've died on them, but I kept it around until 220K because I knew how to navigate around the problems.

for me japan makes the best cars some vetts are still using leaf suspension euro is overpriced and the quality isnt there anymore to justify the price also america have come on leaps and bounds with regards to extracting power from there engines especially the new demon that sh1t is gonna be hard to beat between price and power new ferrari low 800hp if rumours are to be believed the demon will be mid to high 800s for hp so demon will have close or more power than the 812. granted on track ferrari will win but demon can be a daily driver just like a skyline or supra so id say 1) japan 2) america 3) Asia 4) euro

JohnnyS101    0

Have to go American. Only slightly though and as of recently. Look to European Cars (Volks, BMW, Volvo, Porsche) as being your ultimate quality built cars. Look to Japanese Cars (Honda, Subaru, Nissan) as the best value and lasts. Finally, American (Ford, Chevy, Chrysler) combine the 2, good build, not great or poor, and decent price, not expensive or cheap. Also add in the power that is the best bang for your buck (SRT Hellcat, GT500, C7 Stingray, etc.).

Leo Parker    0

Japanese cars are the best because of reliability and quality. Toyota, Honda and Subaru are the top ratings for reliability. I also drive Toyota Matrix and it's very fuel efficient and comfortable car.  

MindPro    0

I'm not sure that non-Japanese brands are getting better, or if it instead means that Japanese cars hold up longer. But one thing is for certain: experiences typically show that Japanese cars tend to be more reliable than American or European models.

Chris V.    0
On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Directnewsinjection said:

some vetts are still using leaf suspension

if you think that a composite, monoleaf, transverse leaf that is also a suspension arm AND has a lower CG and less unsprung mass is "just a leaf spring" like it's some sort of old truck, you're sadly mistaken. That spring is extremely high tech. Way more high tech than any coil spring.

MikeJJ    0

I think japanese and american have same technologies. But, as for me, american much better. Take even into account camaro, this car so cute and agressive! So my opinion - american, but japanese not bad too.

Matt McLeod    0

Personally I prefer non-American manufacturers. I drive a used 2014 Honda Civic (named Hobbes) and I love it. I drove a Ford Fusion for a company car a few years ago and was not a big fan. Nothing against American manufacturing, but I if I get another car I'll probably stay Honda

Back to Top ↑