ashley romas

who do you think is better ? japanese v american

73 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

elite

Therefore I would never buy a Fiesta.

A steel chain running the camshaft running in synthetic oil will probably last the life of the car. With synthetic oil wear is almost nil. Of course the big reason is the fact that with a chain there is never a big expense of having to change it oul. My sons wife was quoted over $600 to swap out her rubber band on her Accord V6!!!!!!

Although I agree chains are more durable, belts are much smoother. I brought up the Fiesta because it was a realization of your contradictory statement about buying American.

Cliffy    0

Although I agree chains are more durable, belts are much smoother. I brought up the Fiesta because it was a realization of your contradictory statement about buying American.

I agree. Although I'd prefer a chain as belts worry me somewhat (not as much these days as the current car has been done 25,000-miles ago, and the other one I made sure I done when we got it as it was 11-years old on it's original belt).

Chains tend to be rattly and stuff, but you don't notice it on newer cars.

It depends on the exact car you're talking about but if you want an answer I suggest you take a look at consumer reports. According to consumer reports 6 of top ten list are Japanese brands I guess Toyota is first, accura second Lexus Honda Nissan and Mazda are also in the top ten. There are two German car-makers Audi and BMW.

Chris V.    0

Just wondering, what does JDM stand for?

Japanese Domestic Market, that is, cars and accessories that are sold only in Japan.

It seems like all American Cars have more interior space and leg room. American cars are comfortable and feel like your sitting on a livingroom couch. Japanese cars are made like you are in a cockpit. I like how Japanese Motors are designed for easy access to the parts that don't require much labor. The starters are usually visible and easy to access. Japanese cars have a lot of dumb minor electronic issues though. I think most American cars have transmission issues and aren't as quick from 0-35mph, except for Chevys. American car parts are easier to find for cheap. There's alot of pros and cons for both. I've known people who owned American and Japaneses cars with 200,000 + miles. And yeah, if you don't know about taking care of a vehicle you will kill an American engine quicker than a Japanese one. Check this out too www.Carlover007.com

xtinah031    0

who do you think is best . waiting for comparateur assurance chat a nice response

personally i think japanese are best. they have good green technology.

hello!! for me et's depend on you if you style and to do some drift the japaneese car is for you but if you like speed and muscle the american car is better

thank you!!

Back to Top ↑