ashley romas

who do you think is better ? japanese v american

73 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I think each country has there strengths. I think that American and European cars are leading the way in style, but Japanese and Korean cars are have great reliability. So they all have there plus and minuses.

Automotive Journalist

Edited by Chris V.
removed advertising link

tothemoon    0

It all depends on what you're looking for in a car. If reliability is the main focus, Japanese have proven themselves winners.

After 200k miles, all manufacturers are going to have issues. After learning how to work on cars, and doing your own car repairs, the make of the car is less important. (Unless you saw the same make and model in your shop over and over again).

Some of my pieces of crap cars in high school were my favorites just because I busted my knuckles on them so many times (American and Imports). You really bond with a car when you bleed on it all the time.

In the end, if you can drive something you enjoy, it may be worth the few extra mechanic bills or weekend projects, regardless of the make.

LOGGBOOK    0

cars from the USA are class. If you are someone that owns or deals in cars from the states could you contact me at grapson007@googlemail.com or Japanese cars I need some help which I would be so greatful to speak to you guys about.

logical1    0

A lot of foreign cars have rubber bands running the camshaft. That is pretty pathetic in my book, Besides that they cost a great deal of money to replace. And if you dont when they break they can lunch an engine.

Lastly buy American, keep our money in this country,.

glagon1979    0

A lot of foreign cars have rubber bands running the camshaft. That is pretty pathetic in my book, Besides that they cost a great deal of money to replace. And if you dont when they break they can lunch an engine.

And American cars don't use those same "rubber bands"? Fact is, a lot of the engines in our American cars were developed over seas.

Well I will give you one thing, at least your ignorance is consistent. The Ford Fiesta uses these "rubber bands" as well.

Edited by Elite_Deforce

logical1    0

American cars. As they get older japanese cars are way to expensive to maintain. Most parts on Japanese cars cost half again more. Also they simply do not last as long as American cars. Look at all the 1977 body style Chevys that are still on the road.

logical1    0

elite

Therefore I would never buy a Fiesta.

A steel chain running the camshaft running in synthetic oil will probably last the life of the car. With synthetic oil wear is almost nil. Of course the big reason is the fact that with a chain there is never a big expense of having to change it oul. My sons wife was quoted over $600 to swap out her rubber band on her Accord V6!!!!!!

Back to Top ↑