ashley romas

who do you think is better ? japanese v american

73 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

JLme    0

If you are looking for better looks and strength go for an American car,

but if you want something that is quiet and efficient go for a Japanese cars!

Cliffy    0

US cars have never been that big in the UK, obviously discounting the likes of Ford who in the UK, to all intents and purposes are actually a UK brand in this country, although what I have seen from the likes of Chrysler, they seem to be lacking somewhat in the build quality stakes. I do love the reliability of Japanese cars, too. I'd go Japanese everytime, unless I'm allowed to count Ford UK as an American brand of course :)

dr. joint    0

almost got cross eyed reading this topic.. :wacko:

anyway, Japanese cars rule in all aspects: build quality, reliability, design, value for money.

American cars are best at what they do, meaning provide mountains of comfort and acres of space (and I am talking about REAL American here, okay?)

Turbocharging a VTEC is similar to putting a Weber twin side to a lawnmower.

It is pointless.

Ford rules in the UK, I agree. How I wish that Ford would bring all their UK vehicles here. If they did, then people who will buy modern Honda's and Toyota's will be regarded as stupid.

But hey, modern American cars are not so bad, either.

I love ALL cars. American, Japanese, Korean and what not.

But there is a trend here..don't anyone notice the 'lack of inspiration' from Japanese makers recently?

Don't count in the Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ just yet.

Hmm.. :blink: Bong hit!!

Cliffy    0

almost got cross eyed reading this topic.. :wacko:

anyway, Japanese cars rule in all aspects: build quality, reliability, design, value for money.

American cars are best at what they do, meaning provide mountains of comfort and acres of space (and I am talking about REAL American here, okay?)

Turbocharging a VTEC is similar to putting a Weber twin side to a lawnmower.

It is pointless.

Ford rules in the UK, I agree. How I wish that Ford would bring all their UK vehicles here. If they did, then people who will buy modern Honda's and Toyota's will be regarded as stupid.

But hey, modern American cars are not so bad, either.

I love ALL cars. American, Japanese, Korean and what not.

But there is a trend here..don't anyone notice the 'lack of inspiration' from Japanese makers recently?

Don't count in the Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ just yet.

Hmm.. :blink: Bong hit!!

Japanese cars in the UK are much the same here as they are in the US in that they rules over Ford UK in terms of reliability and in a lot of cases build quality. I too think if our Fords were sold in the US they'd give the Japanese car market a run for its money, as they can be small and ecconomical, the opposite to what most US spec Fords are at the moment.

pcannon    0

japanese no question about it. American cars just don't compare in quality and reliability sadly.

edit, removed link in signature

Edited by Chris V.

japanese no question about it. American cars just don't compare in quality and reliability sadly.

I'm afraid that depends on era and brand my friend. My 2012 Mustang is FAR better built than any Nissan in production right now (maybe not the R35)

Chris V.    0

None of my American cars have lacked in reliability, and all have been plenty fun to drive, as well.

dr. joint    0

I'm afraid that depends on era and brand my friend. My 2012 Mustang is FAR better built than any Nissan in production right now (maybe not the R35)

I really don't know why I don't like the R35. And I hate all the Z cars, too.

There is no point in comparing the Mustang to a Nissan, even the R35.

Given the choice, I would rather roll in a Shelby GT500 than look like a fool driving the R35.

But American cars have vastly improved in terms of quality. This I like.

Wally    0

Do you guys actually get JDM cars? Our Toyotas are built her, but the rest come from Japan, now that Mitsi and Nissan pulled out.

When i was in the US, the "European and Jap" cars seemed to lack features found here and in their countries of origin. Even the Mercedes I played with seemed to have lost some finesse.

dr. joint    0

Hmm come to think about it..no JDM models exist here but there are some that are made in Japan, like the Nissan Teana and Mitsubishi EVO, for example (and JDM models are RHD!)

Ah my dad's Toyota Crown was also made in Japan, and it had all the luxury features that you can think of, like dual aircon, and this neat fridge on top of the rear seats. That car was like rolling with the 'Don', if you know what I mean.

The point is, the JDM models do have more unique, advanced, and clever features that are lost when the car is 'domesticated' for local distribution.

Bummer. But quality wise, I believe that nothing beats Japanese cars that are actually made and assembled in Japan, regardless if it is JDM spec or what not.

European-built Toyota cars are actually pretty good. I personally love the way that Ralliart UK managed to squeeze more than 400hp from your Lancer EVOs. Amazing.

flight567    0

i don't know a LOT about cars yet, but my question to mmmmmfmm (sorry if i spelled that wrong.) ok what about the nsx? (especially the old one. you know, the one that ayrton senna helped tune?) or the GTR ? both may not be easy to work on, but they are monsters of cars... and most car enthusiasts would LOVE to have either in their collection (please correct me if i'm wrong in saying that.)

Chris V.    0

Japanese cars are better because of advanced technology.

I asked before, what tech is really advanced on japanese cars vs American or European cars these days? Not in the world of hybrids or electric vehicles, that's for sure.

Back to Top ↑