ashley romas

who do you think is better ? japanese v american

73 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

jbarnett    0
who do you think is best . waiting for a nice response

personally i think japanese are best. they have good green technology.

Personally I prefer European - Volkswagon, BMW, Volvo, etc. However, if I had to choose, I'd say that American cars are great if you want grunt power but Japanese are superior in terms of technology... I still prefer American cars.

Joe Sharp    0
who do you think is best . waiting for a nice response

personally i think japanese are best. they have good green technology.

even though i'm a michigan man, i agree that it's hard to argue the reliability of japanese cars, especially from honda.if i remember correctly, they just did really well in the jd power IQS studies. for me the best part is that even if you buy a used honda, and you're guaranteed 100,000+. do you drive a honda yourself?

mmmmfinn    0

Japanese cars are good if you don't know shit about cars. They last a long time if you don't mess with them. But if you are looking for power, performance, and some sexy ass looks then American all the way. You just gotta actually know whats going on in your car. Japanese models are like fucking Decepticons. If you try and work on it the majority of it will be either counterproductive or electronic work. I mean, you turbo charge a vtech and your gonna have to drop another 10k just to get the turbo charger to work correctly. You supercharge an American engine and it just works: no electronics, no exhaust issues, nothing. Jap cars are for teenagers who need a starter car to get them through college. American cars are for people who actually like cars.

Joe Sharp    0

it's all about personal preference. sure, not everyone likes a honda (or any of the other japanese cars) but like you said they are great for young people just starting out who need something reliable. i think they also tend to be more affordable than the american cars, which may be why they appeal to young people as well. do you know first hand about the turbocharging issues on japanese cars? i hadn't heard much about that.

darkblue    0

In my opinion Japanese cars are usually made for the convenience of a lot of people specially those who doesn't know much about cars as what was said here. And American cars are for Real Men!

--------------------

Car leasing Classifieds

Chris V.    0
American cars are for people who actually like cars.

Wow. The amount of ignorance in this one statement is astounding. There are a lot of japanese car fans and enthusiasts who would disagree. Guys driving Datsun/Nissan Z cars and 510s, Mazda rotary fans, Toyota Supra/MR2/AE86 Corolla fans, etc, not to mention all the racers with Hondas and Subarus.

I'm a car fan of all cars. I have British, German and American cars right now, but I've had my share of Japanese race cars as well.

Here are some examples of why you are wrong...

1970-Datsun-240z-Wallpaper.jpg

datsun-510-pictures.jpg

q45zpower_01rw.jpg

ae86-026.jpg

mazda_rx3.jpg

fd3s_mazda_rx7_05.jpg

rodneymketour1_jpg.jpg

runoffs6.JPG

0204_sccp_01_z%202001_lake_superior_scca_pro_rally%20subaru_jump.jpg

Chris V.    0

For me, Japanese cars are better..Because their technology is advanced.

What technology, exactly, would be more advanced these days?

truckdriver    0

Yeah, it's hard to deny the quality and innovation in the japanese products. The patriot in me loves american (though it seems a lot of 'american' cars aren't really made in america anymore), but it also depends on what you want in a car. For myself, I have an american truck and an american van. I'm looking at a car for the wife to tote the kids around, and i think it's gonna be a jap car. Good quality and reliability for a fair price. Very subjective question.

Ketter6868    0

You just gotta actually know whats going on in your car. Japanese models are like fucking Decepticons. If you try and work on it the majority of it will be either counterproductive or electronic work. I mean, you turbo charge a vtech and your gonna have to drop another 10k just to get the turbo charger to work correctly.

Edited by Chris V.
removed advertising link

You just gotta actually know whats going on in your car. Japanese models are like fucking Decepticons. If you try and work on it the majority of it will be either counterproductive or electronic work. I mean, you turbo charge a vtech and your gonna have to drop another 10k just to get the turbo charger to work correctly.

Holy obvious batman! My turboed VTEC Civic is in the shop again!

jerax    0

I totally agree with your comments. Personally I prefer Japanese, such as Honda, Toyota etc.

Edit to remove advertising.

Edited by Chris V.

Back to Top ↑