Sign in to follow this  
Wally

Moderators on Deck?

26 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I killed them all. My email was messed up so I did not get the email. I am fixing that right now.

Oh my god, it's Steve! Whats up man? lol

Did you put a spam filter in place?

Cliffy    0

Hey Steve, it would appear my post in the Mod section is somewhat outdated as soon as I wrote it (just now), lol. It would appear CF is normal(ish) again!

Thanx, you are a Diamond in the rough! (I actually heard that expression for the first time the other day and it made me chuckle!)

Edited by Cliffy

Chris V.    0

Man, what happened to this place? It was great a decade ago when I started here, not to bad a year ago, and now, dead as all hell, except for the random spambots. Same fate as the other car-forums.com site.

Cliffy    0
Man, what happened to this place? It was great a decade ago when I started here, not to bad a year ago, and now, dead as all hell, except for the random spambots. Same fate as the other car-forums.com site.

Hey Chris!

Maybe forums are something of a 'naughties' thing? I joined the other CF in 2003 at it was buzzing, as was this place when I joined in 2007. I think maybe we need to sort out the spam here again, but Steve is rarely here to do it. I guess he works it around his other commitments, as the rest of us do.

Chris V.    0
Hey Chris!

Maybe forums are something of a 'naughties' thing? I joined the other CF in 2003 at it was buzzing, as was this place when I joined in 2007.

THre are many, many other car forums that are still buzzing away, so it may just be lack of owner support, especially at the other CF. I'm on a fast moving set of forums elswhere (The Car Lounge, CarSpin, and Final Gear) and the marque specific stuff is still going well. I dunno. This place was a good community, too, as was the other one, even if a couple of us got blasted for being a bit "mean."

Chris V.    0

Maybe we need more moderators with a little higher moderator ability. Jeeze, I just looked at when I joined... '99! That makes 12 years here this month!

Cliffy    0
Maybe we need more moderators with a little higher moderator ability. Jeeze, I just looked at when I joined... '99! That makes 12 years here this month!

I think these places need more administration than Moderation, and constant updating, too. I was deleting 2,000 posts per day here recently, then Steve updated the software, and it was much better. It looks like we're getting the same thing happening again now though!

I too am member at a few sites that seen busier than ever, seems mainly the CFs that have suffered! Maybe they suffer more from Spam because if there general topic and cars being of interest to lots of 'people'.

Edited by Cliffy

Chris V.    0
I think these places need more administration than Moderation, and constant updating, too. I was deleting 2,000 posts per day here recently, then Steve updated the software, and it was much better. It looks like we're getting the same thing happening again now though!

I too am member at a few sites that seen busier than ever, seems mainly the CFs that have suffered! Maybe they suffer more from Spam because if there general topic and cars being of interest to lots of 'people'.

Well, it seems that even the other moderators here decided it was all too much work and left. Up until this year, it was still fairly active, now we have a million ads for clothes and TV shows. And obviously no one has Steve's email address, or whoever owns the site now. Sad, really. I used to love this place, back in teh early 2000s.

Back to Top ↑