Sign in to follow this  
Wally

Moderators on Deck?

26 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Sounds like you guys need admin rights so you can add to the spam blocker list.

I'd like to be able to ban IPs myself, but also I just noticed that I'm able to batch delete stuff so that helps. At the end of the day we need a 5-10 post minimum to post links, and maybe a more vigorous sign-up procedure.

Cliffy    0

Trouble is Wally, without a filter in place that automatically blocks spam, we're banging our heads against a wall! I try to keep up with it as best I can, but it just gets annoying!

Trouble is Wally, without a filter in place that automatically blocks spam, we're banging our heads against a wall! I try to keep up with it as best I can, but it just gets annoying!

Yeah. I don't know about you Cliffy, but I think I've deleted about 200 topics in the past 3 days alone. I'm starting to entertain the notion of shutting down the board for a day or two, it's that ridiculous.

Cliffy    0
Yeah. I don't know about you Cliffy, but I think I've deleted about 200 topics in the past 3 days alone. I'm starting to entertain the notion of shutting down the board for a day or two, it's that ridiculous.

I was actually thinking about deleting every single topic from every single board....Apart from my ones about adverts/spamming, lol.....I must have deleted about 200 yesterday alone. There's also about another 50 since then!

*Gets back to grind stone* :P:rolleyes::unsure:

Edited by Cliffy

I was actually thinking about deleting every single topic from every single board....Apart from my ones about adverts/spamming, lol.....I must have deleted about 200 yesterday alone. There's also about another 50 since then!

*Gets back to grind stone* :P:rolleyes::unsure:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I just wish Isaac would show up and start doing some IP bans for us. Would help a lot.

Cliffy    0
I wouldn't be opposed to that. I just wish Isaac would show up and start doing some IP bans for us. Would help a lot.

I agree, although what would help even more would be an spam filter thingy...I'm sure they're about!

Edit: I didn't think you'd actually do it, lol....What about post counts? ;)

Edited by Cliffy

I agree, although what would help even more would be an spam filter thingy...I'm sure they're about!

Edit: I didn't think you'd actually do it, lol....What about post counts? ;)

Lol, I think the post counts would stay the same ;)

Yes, a spam filter would solve almost 100% of our problems. I just suggested IP bans because I know that that's all that Isaac can really do.

PS: I deleted about 2000 topics today, no joke.

Cliffy    0
Lol, I think the post counts would stay the same ;)

Yes, a spam filter would solve almost 100% of our problems. I just suggested IP bans because I know that that's all that Isaac can really do.

PS: I deleted about 2000 topics today, no joke.

I know it's no joke! I deleted the same amount just now! About 200 pages and 2,000(ish) threads! All posted withinj the last 48-hours!

I know it's no joke! I deleted the same amount just now! About 200 pages and 2,000(ish) threads! All posted withinj the last 48-hours!

I think CF is basically dead in the water until we get a spam filter going on.

dr. joint    0

I too am concerned about all this shit. Every time I log in and click on the new posts all I see are advertisements and topics that have nothing to do with cars. This sucks, guys.

Blame it on Internet marketing. These damn fools are using car forums to post links to their website or promote products. what a bummer.

Cliffy    0
I sent an email to Steve a week or so ago asking to give you guys admin rights. No response.

I'm getting that dejavu feeling.....This seems to be a bigger problem though, unfortunately!

Back to Top ↑