Isaac

Spam Definition

35 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I don't know if I'm welcomed here. I think I will just continue on my way, but

Good luck with the forums, Cory

Oh sorry mister moderator with your "moderator picture signature".

Please don't take this the wrong way..

Usually its because of the lack of insight. My woodworking forum (230,### posts) doesn't have a spam problem, but sure one gets through every now and then. First thing first, you STOP spam from even registering. We use a "questions and answer" anti-spam technique along with reCAPTCHA. The Captcha doesn't work that great, but my custom questions I put on the registration page stops almost every automated spam program. The second thing we do is set up the options for the default user group that all new members go into; all new members are not allowed signature edits until they "prove themselves".

All of what you detailed is controlled by the site administrator and has been duly noted and the site is still under revision as of now, although I do agree with you that the spam control still isn't to spec compared to other forums I follow.

I don't know where you got the impression that you were not welcomed. I was simply outlining the situation as it is right now here and that I will take care of any spam that happens to arise. Furthermore I was encouraging anyone to add authentic content to the site, as you describe, which was not only directed towards you.

PS: A kind gentleman on this forum who was a professional graphic designer kindly designed the moderation team various "moderator picture signatures" for our use which we found to be incredibly nice of him, so we promoted his work by using them. I don't quite appreciate your sarcasm.

MarkKaspar    0

Hi.. All

I am new in this forum, so please anybody or Admin tell Me how can I post link in my reply or signature.. should I take permission for every time i'll post a link or there is any guideline that after some reply of the thread or post some question as a thread I can post link in my signature or in my reply.

I tried to check the terms and condition but page not exist. Please reply..

Thanks to All

Hi.. All

I am new in this forum, so please anybody or Admin tell Me how can I post link in my reply or signature.. should I take permission for every time i'll post a link or there is any guideline that after some reply of the thread or post some question as a thread I can post link in my signature or in my reply.

I tried to check the terms and condition but page not exist. Please reply..

Thanks to All

The site was updated some time ago and the admins forgot to move the rules over to the updated site.

Basically post a couple of genuine posts to let us know you are legit and then you can post links as long as it isn't advertisement and is relevant to what you are talking about. Links are not allowed in signatures at all, as far as I remember, but if you ask one of us, we can work something out. If you are a vendor, you have to request permissions to the admins in the vendor section.

Flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

Back to Top ↑