• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xixor

Xixor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hi all I am having an idling problem with my V-6 98' Camaro. When the car warms up and i put it in neutral at a stop light it will idle around 2200 RPMs instead of 900. The car will even drive itself in second gear at 25 miles per hour with my foot off the accelerator. The diagnostic on the check engine light said there was a problem with the I.A.C. The repair shop cleaned the throttle valve thoroughly and completely replaced the Idle Air Control motor. The problem persists. I have read around and found a few things that people have mentioned and wanted to see which one is the likely culprit so that i can have the shop take care of it... Could it be a Vacuum problem, Coolant Temp Sensor, or the Mass Airflow Sensor? Could there be anything else related that might cause this problem?

#2 Wally

Wally

I know More Than You

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:37 AM

Well something is making it idle up. Does it have a MAF sensor? Does it idle back with the air cond and lights turned off? Do you have any vacuum hoses come adrift or cracked?

Edited by Wally, 19 September 2007 - 01:38 AM.

#3 Elite_Deforce

Elite_Deforce

Car Forum Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts
  • Year:1986
  • Make:Mazda
  • Model:RX-7 GX (FC)

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

Well something is making it idle up. Does it have a MAF sensor? Does it idle back with the air cond and lights turned off? Do you have any vacuum hoses come adrift or cracked?

This is a bit irrelevant, but aren't MAF's bitches??? It is most likley the problem in a lot of scenrios. lmao :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users