Sign in to follow this  
Bliggida

'00 RSX-S & '87 Mustang GT

83 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

tomjakimiak    0

Well, yeah, Blig, you're right on that one. Convertibles DO tend to weigh more. That's why you don't see too many rag tops dragging in the 1/4. The only car I can think of that weighs roughly the same in being a T-Top/convertible model is the 1997 to present Corvettes. It was stated in a news paper about the new models having such a stiff frame, 3 times stiffer than any previous model that the convertible needed no reinforcements. And even at that, I've never seen any type of convertible drag-racing. But then again, there COULD be some out there.:)

Turbo_ZX3    0

not yet, i will really soon. im trying to get my friends digital camera from him because it doesnt work with XP and i have ME. what did you want pics of? all the cars?? i could have them as soon as today. check back with me later on tonite.

Bliggida    0

You do realize your 2 months late in responding...oh wait I'm not Kepone! What was I thinking? :)

Anyway, for a while I had a heated debate with Ambrose about the RSX-S. For comparison of an RSX-S against a Camaro V6 they would both be on the heels of an '87 GT.

I don't like to admit the RSX-S would pull even with the Camaro V6, but it sounds possible. I'd have a hard time believing it until I witness the race myself. I think they are both 15 second flat cars with the average driver. The GT has always been an establish mid-14's car.

In the long run, through modification the Camaro would always be on top because its built to launch so well. I've yet to hear of a 12 second RSX-S, unlike a select few V-6 F-body's I've seen.

I finally saw an RSX-S not too long ago in a lane next to me. Not a bad looking car.

Turbo_ZX3    0

ive seen an rsx type s spank a v6 camaro. both were stock. it wasnt a huge spanking but the camaro was struggling to hang with it. dont disacknowledge the advantage of a 6 spd. and the type s has that long power band with the peak hp right in the middle of it.

playboy    0
Originally posted by Bliggida

You do realize your 2 months late in responding...oh wait I'm not Kepone! What was I thinking? :)  

Anyway, for a while I had a heated debate with Ambrose about the RSX-S.  For comparison of an RSX-S against a Camaro V6 they would both be on the heels of an '87 GT.

I don't like to admit the RSX-S would pull even with the Camaro V6, but it sounds possible.  I'd have a hard time believing it until I witness the race myself.  I think they are both 15 second flat cars with the average driver.  The GT has always been an establish mid-14's car.  

In the long run, through modification the Camaro would always be on top because its built to launch so well.  I've yet to hear of a 12 second RSX-S, unlike a select few V-6 F-body's I've seen.

I finally saw an RSX-S not too long ago in a lane next to me.  Not a bad looking car.

the RSX-S is a fairly newer car, and noone has really had the chance to mod it either. As soon as aftermarket starts catchin on 2 it, the RSX-S will be a rocket.

Is Honda bringin out a RSX- Type R? If so, does anyone know(est.) specs for it..

thanks

tomjakimiak    0

I got beat in my T/A by someone in an ECLIPSE, I think? I KNOW for a fact that sucker is HEAVILY modifed, it's stick, and everytime that car shifts, you can hear some serious backfiring and snorting from that turbo. That's gotta be SOME turbo! I mean, I have driven a few of those turbo 4's and 6's. I know they're quick, they ain't THAT quick!

Turbo_ZX3    0

i got beat by my friends GSX in when i was in my mustang. he had the 93 which was the fastest year. it wasnt even really too heavily modified. i think if we were at sea level i would have beaten him because he only had me by .2 of a second. i also got beat by a tsi talon. you can make those things pretty quick and ive taken a few trans ams in my mustang too. they can be suprising. those were the only rice rockets that ever beat my mustang.

tomjakimiak    0

I dunno dude, I've driven some of those turbo cars and I've NEVER heard em backfiring like THAT! I know he's got one of them big ol coffee can thingamagigs, but that's the first I've ever heard having such backfire! WAAAAAPOP! WAAAAAPOP! I dunno, I can't wait to get a really good paying job, cause I wanna get mine all modded, and rip through town. But then again, this is just another stupid fucking ricer that thinks it's cool to race anywhere, anytime, and he almost rearended some guy LAST NIGHT! Fuckin dumbass! He's gonna wrack something, kill someone or himself. I at least have enough sense to NOT race on a RURAL CITY STREET! He even wanted to race me when I was in Chicago surrounded by a bunch of cars! Just wait, he'll wanna race me, or someone else, then, he'll be crying like a faggotass bitch when his car's totalled.....

Bliggida    0

Here is the original post I made about why I'd have a hard time believing that race would be dead even...

In short it basically it amounts to these factors:

-RSX-S is down by a Torque-to-weight ratio of nearly 25% despite the fact it weighs 556 lbs. less than the Camaro V6.

-FWD doesn't launch very well, the V6 Camaro is built to launch hard and hook up.

-More contact patch to the ground 245's vs. 195's

-Posi-traction in the Camaro vs. an RSX-S open diff.

Read more in depth here.

Back to Top ↑