burnout

Why Does everyone like that jap crap

277 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

burnout    0

These cars lack the finese of their euro counter parts, and although Audi unfortunatly seem to be undertaking in turbo charging activities, no doubt under the iron fist of VW, most other Euro cars will kill any of these japanese tinnys in handleing stakes. Anyone can crank their blower up so high that they can drag of an F-16 if they want, but in prestige, proper power spreads- from low down and just sheer grunt, nothing can out class these euro racers. (eg M3, CLK55, even the turbo 206gti is significantly better than japanese counterparts.) Guys just face it, europe does it better- better than japan (with a few exceptions (S2000, NSX), and by far better than the US, who couldn't make a refined car to save themselves. Sure, the SUVs are good, but still pale in comparison to the likes of Range Rover.

lordsidious    0

Dude, you can't even spell or punctuate, and you're trying to talk about class and finesse? Please.

BTW, the WRX and EVO will beat almost any car manufactured in handling.

C-MURDER    0

It's Cletus and his cousin/wife/mother Tammy Sue.

For one thing Range Rover is now owned by Ford, so it will be American made very soon. And like what has been said before cars like the Evo and WRX are some of the best handling cars you can buy, and even the CRX wich you can get used for well under 5k is a great handler. True German cars are very well made, but you can't say that Japanese cars are crap because a few German cars are better than a few Jap cars. Try comparing a Supra to a M3

1998 BMW M3 Sedan

0-60: 5.5

1/4 Mile: 14.0 @ 98.6MPH

Braking: 114ft.

Lateral Acceleration: .89 g's

Slalom: 67.0

Price: $39,700

1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

0-60: 5.1

1/4 Mile: 13.6 @ 106.0MPH

Braking: 115ft.

Lateral Acceleration: .94 g's

Slalom: 68.9

Price: $39,900

Looks like there about the same price, but the Supra is reasonably better and IMHO quite a bit better looking.

burnout    0

that is the piece of sh!t US M3, the euro M3 with its 236kw vanos inline six, is faster than the Supra, and has a similar 0-100 time (5.1sec) M3 also has a sequential manual transmission, and looks far far far better than the Toyota supra crapra

burnout    0

A lot of people on this sight tend to lean towards japanese cars like the Supra, WRX and Lancer. Let me tell you guys once and for all, these turbo charged missfits are absolute heaps. Some guys think they are clever cos they got there turbo chargers running a high boost, but anyone can do that, turbo charged cars, as far as Im concerned are not real cars. Normal aspiration is the way to go; no lag, no hiss just smooth clean performance right off the line. An M3 (not the rubbish US version, but the far superior Euro version) is an example of a trully excellent car, and one that will absolutely kill any stock piece of Jap sh!t. True racing formulas, ie other than stupid CART and IRL, do not allow for turbo's and thats the way all cars should be, normally aspirated and over 100bhp/L.

You can keep your natural aspiration, but thanks for letting us know how you feel. From a liability standpoint, I don't see Japanese cars as being crap. They have a bad reputation 'cause they're constantly getting riced out in bad taste by retarded people, but what can you do. Give me a supercharger and I'm happy.

PontiacGP    0

What an Idiot. I'm not one to stick up for japanese cars, but Honda has some of the highest specific output (naturally aspirated ) numbers out there. Now for the turbo comment. I love my turbo dodge. The turbo is a very effective way to increase power and torque. In the words of the mighty Caroll Shelby "If it's got turbo lag, then you ain't driving it right."

lordsidious    0

I'm not pissing on the M3's capabilities here, but even the Euro M3 would be absolutely destroyed by the Lancer EVO VI. Motor Trend got a 0-60 time of 4.3 sec out of it for God's sake. Along with better braking and handling numbers.

Sorry, but compared to the most extreme Japanese cars, the most extreme German (major manufacturers) cars look and perform rather tamely. Show me a German car that can do 0-60 in 4.3 sec yet only costs $32k USD. You can't. That's the allure these cars have. Japanese performance cars perform better, dollar-for-dollar, than just about any cars on the face of the earth.

innotech    0

Well...I think this beauty speaks for itself! The one TRUE Japanese supercar! Jiotto Caspita. http://www.50megs.com/innotech/Jiotto.html

These specs say it all!

Configuration: Motori Moderni V12 detuned F1 engine(1989) V10 Judd (1993)

Displacment: 3497 cm³(1989) 3500 cm³(1993)

Power: 450 HP @ 10000 RPM(1989) 585 HP @10750 RPM (1993)

Torque: 362 Nm @ 6000 RPM (89)390 Nm @ 10500 RPM (93)

HP/Liter: 128.7(89) 167.1(93)

POWERTRAIN

Layout: mid engine, rear drive

Gearbox: 6-Speed-manual

Tires: Dunlop front 245/40 ZR 17, rear 335/35 ZR 17

Dimensions

Lenght: 4535 mm

Width: 1995 mm

Height: 1135 mm

Wheelbase: 2700 mm

Weight: 1240 kg

Weight-Ratio: 2.8 kg/HP

Performance

Top-Speed: 320 km/h

0-100 km/h: n/a

General

Price: not for sale

Units built: 2

Production Time: 1989+1993

Thank you Andreas Oehme for the specs :)

[This message has been edited by innotech (edited 06-01-2000).]

NismoZ    0

Ummm... Ok. The lag in Twin Turbo cars is nill. Plus, I like the turbo sound. It means don't *$@! with me.

And, they are right. Japanese sports cars can be very low in price.

I don't see a problem.

ichthus    0

Few, if any have shown such naivete in a single post...and actually been honest.

You just called the Porsche 911 Turbo crap?

You just called the Bugatti EB110 crap?

You just called so many exotic cars crap that I pray you're joking.

Japanese companies aren't the only ones to take advantage of turbos on a regular basis. As was also noted, Honda makes the highest output hp/l overall...without turbo. Also realize that we've only had 100hp/l street legal NA cars since the Mclaren F1, so they're still not all that common.

Back to Top ↑