Sign in to follow this  
Bliggida

'79 Z28 vs. Suzuki Samurai

1. 1.

• The Z28
    • Suzuki Samurai

18 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Bliggida    0

I was out taking the Camaro for a spin after I made the hood scoop functional.

I'm droning down the on-ramp near straight headers in sound.

Left lane = Suzuki Samurai, two young males looking over at me.

I thought to myself you've got to be kidding, I rear back and throw second gear and give it good "Raaawwwwmmmmmp!" and accelerate passed him. About 30 seconds later, he comes up towards me, and I can hear the poor thing whining. He gets right along side me, not bothering to slow down at all, so I throw second gear again...You can imagine the rest.

Need I really post a poll?

Hudson    0

Okay...let's try the same race OFF ROAD. I'm betting on the Samurai...and I'm betting the Z28 gets hung up or trashed or both within minutes.

Bliggida    0

True, I use to own a Samurai and it was quite capable off-road. In fact it could reach some deer trails that a Wrangler could not enter.

But when he pulls along side me, I don't think he had the Tundra vs. Lotus commercial on his mind.

Originally posted by Hudson

Okay...let's try the same race OFF ROAD. I'm betting on the Samurai...and I'm betting the Z28 gets hung up or trashed or both within minutes.

What kind of idiot would race off road? Screw up on a medium with that kind of grip, and... well... you're fucked.

Bliggida    0

No no, rumble is when you go through a set of mufflers out the back. I'm running Hedman Headers married to Cherry-bomb glasspacks! (Not by choice - long story, getting an exhaust soon)

I've seen a '65 Mustang on 44" super-swampers, so it could be capable off-road, though it would take mmm, moderate work to hold its own.

Also Hudson would this be a dirt road, or a rock climbing event? (Samurai don't climb that well ya know) Because even on dirt the Camaro would still win - and handle a rain wash/ruts with no problem with the current suspension. The only thing that would get messed up is the wax I just put on.

Hudson    0

Samurais don't climb well? That would be a surprise to all of those Suzuki fanatics who take their trucks off-road every weekend. They're quite capable off-roaders...rock climbing and all.

Originally posted by Hudson

Samurais don't climb well? That would be a surprise to all of those Suzuki fanatics who take their trucks off-road every weekend. They're quite capable off-roaders...rock climbing and all.

I think he means that their ****-banger four-cylinders don't have the torque to climb steep rocks.

Bliggida    0

Have you ever even been in a Samurai? I use to drive one, and I took it everywhere (off-road) wise I could. There are some place and things the Samurai doesn't do very well.

And that is to say stock! I'm not talking about the total custom job when someone slaps a ZZ4 crate motor, with 44" boggers, majorly articulated independant suspension, and all the other off-road goodies. If you are talking modified's the sky is the limit for both cars, and at that point they really aren't a Z28 or a Samurai. They are custom rock crawlers.

I thought I had allready covered this part, but Hudson I was talking about street performance, stick with the subject.

I wouldn't call a Samurai a 'truck' in any regard.

Hudson    0

Blig:

I understood your original argument. EVERYONE understood your original argument. Changing it around keep the discussion going this long. You HONESTLY wanted to chat about comparing the performance of a V8 Z28 to a 1.3L carbureted Samurai? Really?

By the way, a Samurai is a truck. It may be a very small one, but it's still a truck.

Bliggida    0

:P guilty!

It's not the performance though, Hudson. Just the mind set. I mean why on earth would any one in a Samurai think they have any chance?

"Just for giggles" doesn't seem like a viable reason. But then again, I have done that with streetbikes myself so,...

What 4WD front end do you think would fit under a 2nd Gen F-body? Something from a K-5?

Hudson    0

Why would anyone in an F-body (this side of one powered by an Iron Duke) care? For me, it wouldn't be worth the gas to "prove" yourself to them.

tomjakimiak    0

Hey Blig, you talking an ALL WHEEL DRIVE Camaro?! That's gonna have

a LOT of ballsy grip! I hope you got that sucker EFI and tons of HP

to boot! And traction loss would be almost virtually eliminated! GO

FOR IT!:( If it's POSSBILE, that is!:( LOL!

Back to Top ↑