Sign in to follow this  
gimpyben

'67 Mustang Convertible vs. 76 Scirocco

31 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Winstondog    0

Classic American cars have such fantastically crafted lines. The panels might not always be as close fitting as those of, say a Mercedes - but they crafted some fine, intricate bodywork. Just as a german engineer said in one of my magazines when looking at bodywork: "dis ist not feasible!"

MikAnchovy    0

Gimpy, I hope you're not offended or anything, but I really wonder what my car would do next to yours... I'd bet you'd win, but I don't think I'd be too far behind at all...

CoolMaan    0
Originally posted by MikAnchovy

Gimpy, I hope you're not offended or anything, but I really wonder what my car would do next to yours... I'd bet you'd win, but I don't think I'd be too far behind at all...

My Huffy will own you all!! But incase we do race... Lets keep it fair... Pedal Power? :D

gimpyben    0
Originally posted by MikAnchovy

I'm pretty sure I could take you, I've got really short gears. How much does your NX weigh? Cause I'm at less than 2000 lbs in the VW.

MikAnchovy    0

2459 lbs. according to catalog info from a '93 NX2000... mine's without A/C or T-tops, but it has cruise, power windows and power locks. Stock I have 140hp, and I doubt I've got much more than that now... I've got an HKS intake and a catless 2.25" exhaust on an ~85,000-mile motor. I found a C/D '91 review of an NX2000... a car w/ T-tops and AC ran a 7.5s 0-60 and did the 1/4 in 15.8s... my car would weigh almost 200 lbs. less :)

but then again, I've got a well-used clutch, less-than-solid motor mounts and all-season crappy tires... :(

I say you'd win...

MikAnchovy    0

well... ummm... I happen to love 3rd gen. Civics :D

As much as I like your 'dub Gimpy, I'd honestly love to see what the Si could do if it had a comparable list of mods...

Back to Top ↑