Sign in to follow this  
ShamanWS6

'01 Mustang Cobra vs '01 Trans Am WS6

27 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

ShamanWS6    0

You can buy a Firehawk in Formula or Trans Am trim.

P.S. the only way a 2001 V8 f-body is 325hp is at the wheels. They're an evolved drivetrain which progressively got stronger from 1999 on, and now is legitimately in the 370hp range with the 2001 car. They've always been under-rated, even rated at 310hp in the base car, the truth of the matter is becoming more pronounced.

they are underrated on purpose, not to knock heads to directly with the Corvette. but if you look at the 0-60 times, it is the same as the earlier non 2001 C5's which were quoted at like 350bhp 345bhp.

I would take a WS6 over a Firehawk because its much more expensive and the extra hp can be had with a borla exhaust and Xpipes which is what the firehawk uses.

ShamanWS6    0

The SLP Loudmouth is where it's at. Sound, performance and about 30 pounds lighter than stock.

ShamanWS6    0

More like 365-370 would be my bet. They're seeing from 320-330rwhp stock. 330rwhp is close to 380hp at the crank, actually!

Guest kepone   
Guest kepone

the highest ive seen a ls1 f body dyno is 305 rwhp, the lowest 297, either way, that means the cars are underrated a lot, since they are rated for 305 crank hp. add the standard 15% drivetrain loss and you get anywhere from 340-350 hp, and none of those dynoed cars were ss's or ws6's.

ShamanWS6    0

The 2001 car is hotter still. :D

tomjakimiak    0

I was looking at prices for a new Trans Am and I could've sworn

there was a seperate option for a Ram Air and WS6. I DO like the openings for the Ram Air, but I wanna get a custom hood where the Hood is raised over the whole "V" pattern of the basic T/A

hood is. With that in mind, take a blast from the past and put

the 1981 T/A bird on the hood, but totally in flames, more like a

phoenix. That would look sick as hell, and I can use the same T/A

hood I have now, not having to shell out $1800.00 for a Ram Air

hood, have a friend do the murial, and total cost WITH FUNTIONAL

Ram Air for about $500. If I wanted to cough up another $500.00

I could on put performance mounts and shocks that could totally surpass the WS6 for much less cash. A friend of mine has a WS6

lookalike with 4 inch headers, ported heads, H.O. everything that

eats Vipers for a snack! Low 9's in the 1/4. Not bad for 6K!

Bliggida    0

Refresh my memory, even though it was my sister-car. Wasn't that a functional 'shaker' style hood, that itself was reminiscent of the musclecar's shaker hood.

And was it functional like the '81 Z28, where a solenoid opened up a one piece butterfly?

I can see it though, nice picture Tom!

Back to Top ↑