Sign in to follow this  
IceMan

Supra twin Turbo vs any other car

254 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

J.T. Marlin    0

With $60,000 you could buy a Z06 and, if you do work by yourself and know what you are doing, could get it close to 200 mph. The Z06 is the most practical and best deal in sports cars in the last 10 years. Get over it. Japs make speciality cars, but they haven't made a sports car that has really dominated the market like the Mustang, 'Vette, or Firebird and Camaro.

IceMan    0

Once again. Just because something has been around longer doesn't mean that it has more mods. Look at the Model T. See my point? If not I think you should go to your nearest auto parts store and buy all the aftermarket books you can find( I would also suggest looking on the net) and flip through thekm and find how many aftermarket parts each particular car has available. Please humor me. if your gonna say its been around for thirty years please dont post anything. Prove me wrong. I know your also gonna say I dont have to prove anything to you. Please stick to reality.

RuchG    0
Originally posted by J.T. Marlin

With $60,000 you could buy a Z06 and, if you do work by yourself and know what you are doing, could get it close to 200 mph.  The Z06 is the most practical and best deal in sports cars in the last 10 years.  Get over it.  Japs make speciality cars, but they haven't made a sports car that has really dominated the market like the Mustang, 'Vette, or Firebird and Camaro.

Oh yeah, the Firebird really dominates the "sports car" market :D, as for that Z06 interior thing, you've got to be kidding have you actually sat in one, its horrendous. As for getting the 200mph, yeah, and just as it hits 200mph all eight pistons would have gone flying out of the bonnet making eight nice holes in it that someone will mistake for "cool air intakes." Thats about all you're gonna get with $10k, investment.

C-MURDER    0

Well maybe not the Firebird, but the Vette, Mustang, and even Camaro.

And "horrendous" interior? What? Dude, don't be stupid. Every day on my way to school, I manuever my way into my '90 Daytona, with absoolutely NO buttons, the lock's stick, the windows are hard to roll up, and the stereo and A/C is a pain in the ass to use. That is a "horrendous" interior. Just last weekend I got a close up look at a '01 C5 Hardtop, and damn....That thing was sweet, the owners were standing around and had the doors open letting everybody look, it had a awesome intereior. Everything seemed to be in good reach, really i've never heard anything bad about the newer C5's interior. If you think a Z06 has a horrendous intereior, then you must be a VERY spoiled man.

I really wouldn't be paying much attention to minor details anyway, not with 386 horses under the hoood. Find something else to critisize the C5 on, instead of it's "horrendous" intereior, because that is getting old.

Oh and the Z06 does 175 already, with 10k you could easily and safely break 200.

[Edited by C-MURDER on 02-13-2001 at 11:17 PM]

J.T. Marlin    0

The Corvette has the interior equal to that of a Cadillac or even a BMW. If you say the Z06's interior is crappy, you're as blind as Stevie Wonder! The Firebird is too a classic sports car. The thing has been around nearly 35 years, so it a'int exactly a DeLorean or a Yugo!

RuchG    0
Originally posted by J.T. Marlin

The Corvette has the interior equal to that of a Cadillac or even a BMW.  If you say the Z06's interior is crappy, you're as blind as Stevie Wonder!  The Firebird is too a classic sports car.  The thing has been around nearly 35 years, so it a'int exactly a DeLorean or a Yugo!

Haha, Stevie Wonder..."The Firebird is too a classic sports car"...how old are you? Do even have a licence? First of all we have two BMW's in the family and no, the Vette is NOWHERE near. As for spoiled (C-Murder), probably, I spend a lot time around really nice cars. But because of autoshop and other factors, I often drive total pieces, too. I drove an Accord recently and I must say I was impressed. For the price, the interior was bland, but there was an unmistakable feel of QUALITY to all the materials. The Vette lacks this, all the materials feel ridicously cheap and feel like they were put together with chewing gum and wrapping paper. BUT, and this is a big BUT, I really don't mind that the Z06 interior sucks ass, because I love the car. I'm merely pointing out that you cannot win an interior argument. Also, the gap between the Corvette's top speed of a little below 175mph to 200mph is a massive one. It takes some effort and money to get the consistently reliable for 200mph duty and regular street duty without falling apart.

J.T. Marlin    0

It is too, I've ridden in quite a few nice cars and the Vette has very nice interior compared to almost all other sports cars today under $80,000. It is better than even the Viper. It has been noted for its high quality interior in almost all of its magazine reviews.

mecca tt    0

Ok..

First off, the MKIV never cost 60k. Not even close… The most expensive it ran to was 51k. That was in 1996, when they only had the Auto Tranny to offer due to Emissions and such. The most inexpensive it got, I was in 1997, when you could own one for 38k.

Now, you have got to remember that the supra was shipped over here. Quite a bit of that price could be slashed if it was made here in America..

Nothing really makes me more happy, than to see you guys talk about supras.

I must say, the Supra has nothing on the z06. Nor should it.. It was designed way before and isn’t made in America. Hell, it isn’t even sold here in the U.S. Anymore.. Only in Japan… I understand it was a open challenge though. Times have changed though.. Remember the Supra was back in the C4’s day.. now you compare it to a Z06.. I think that has to hold up some water..

Supra would have been a lot more popular if it wasn’t the “Picture on the wall” of basically all ricers.. It’s love it or hate it styling wasn’t for everyone.. Which, I like..

mecca tt    0

Sure, the vette dosen't have that great-a-inside. Though your milking it a bit much..

BTW, if the Z06 could do 200MPH... It wouldn't look the way it does. It also would be like 450HP...

mark4273    0

here.. this has been told.. supra ego... ha ha, this is gonna hurt.. i love it!! been waiting for this....

Supra= slow poke, only reason as fast as is is because of the tt on it.. put one of these on a mustang.. ok bye bye as in CCCCCCC-YA!!! whats faster is what you are looking for right¿ freakin people.. "SupraTT Vs. Anything" oh yeah, in the same price rang, well, smart guy, this is wwwwwaay under your supra tt.. bye bye supra ego..

http://www.outlawperformance.com/intwintursys1.html

[Edited by mark4273 on 02-14-2001 at 12:40 AM]

turbosupra1    0
Originally posted by C-MURDER

I really wouldn't be paying much attention to minor details anyway, not with 386 horses under the hoood.  Find something else to critisize the C5 on, instead of it's "horrendous" intereior, because that is getting old.  

Oh and the Z06 does 175 already, with 10k you could easily and safely break 200.

Compared to the supra, the Z06 interior is not really that great...but maybe that's a personal preference thing...

Anyway...here we have another representation of your intelligence, C-Murder...Do you know what is needed to break the 200MPH barrier?? Not only does it require power and torque but aerodynamics...And a regular C5 vette was not structured to reach those kinds of speeds...you would need to make body modifications...and even if the regular body was kept, tons and tons of power would be required to propel the car to those kinds of speeds...we're talking major horsepower upgrades...

turbosupra1    0
Originally posted by mark4273

what a joke.. all the cave men come a crawlin.. i should have known better.. whats up with the word Supra=Ego... this is caused by an insecure assumption.. here turbo guy or whatever.. i could'nt read your whole post as it has nothing to do with anything we've prooooved! yes, prooooved. whats faster is the question.. and if you are saying a supra is faster.. then ummmm WAKE UP!! ha ha ha click on this site..  

We're talking about the stock comparisons, you ignorant, childish, lazy piece of horse crap....

If you think speed is the only thing that determines how "good" a sports car is...you're wrong...because handling, looks, and a whole bunch of other factors must be added in...and either way, there are supras out there with HUGE HUGE turbos fitted on the that pump out around the 1000hp range...don't believe me?? Just go to http://www.powerhouseracing.com ...there, you'll find some supras with 1000+hp that can reach speeds over 215MPH...

This is why the supra is such an awesome car...its a perfect balance of almost everything making up a true sports car...from power, tuneability, reliability, handling, and passion (they used the F40 in determining the styling/aerodynamic structure of the supra!!!)...Lets see if your beloved mustang 5.0 can match that....

turbosupra1    0
Originally posted by hondakiller

a ford 302 will absolutely destroy anything except maybe the chevy 350 in aftermarket mods. NO engine and i mean NONE WHATSOEVER have more aftermarket support than those engines. they have been around for over thirty years and gathering more support all the time.

and of course the mustang will have a worse interior than a car that costs nearly twice as much as it does. and a 5.0 mustang isnt about the interior its about the engine if you want a nice interior buy a lexus or some other luxury brand.

who put the mustang in this anyway? so far it seems to me its been z06 mostly and the z06 handily wins this comparo.

the supra isnt exactly the most driver friendly car either its driver seat is quite cramped and those features pointed towards you that you like so much are part of the problem. im only 5'9' and i found it to be quite cramped. and the same idea of the interior applies to the handling idea too. if a car costs twice as much i would hope it would outhandle it. as for the z06 theres not really much of a comparo the z06 handily wins in everything. its faster handles better and the interiors are about the same. [/b]

ok...but then again, why is the supra even being compared to the Z06??...the Z06 wins out in practically every situation...

Originally posted by C-MURDER

Iceman and TurboSupra1, you guys are in WAY over your head.  

aint that the truth..

add mark4273 to that list..

i think iceman, ts1, and mark4273 should be banned from posting for a month.. just so they are forced to read.. maybe they might learn something..

this topic is getting truly rediculous..

Originally posted by mark4273

Supra= slow poke, only reason as fast as is is because of the tt on it.. put one of these on a mustang.. ok bye bye as in CCCCCCC-YA!!! whats faster is what you are looking for right¿ freakin people.. "SupraTT Vs. Anything" oh yeah, in the same price rang, well, smart guy, this is wwwwwaay under your supra tt.. bye bye supra ego..  

[

case in point..

Back to Top ↑